[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Thrust curve measurement - sharing

Thrust curve measurement - sharing

The new control algorithm for AutoQuad flight controllers.

Thrust curve measurement - sharing

Postby boriss » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:12 pm

HI, If i can somehow avoid it than i would love to not build a small setup to measure the thrust of these coreless motors.
So if any of you are already the combo CL-0720-12 with QR ladybird - Z - 01 props:

IMG_0006.JPG

I would be very happy if you would share your data.

Thanks

Boris
boriss

Re: Thrust curve measurement - sharing

Postby JussiH » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:48 pm

Are these QR props identical to the ones used on the ladybird?

If so, use the below params:

#define DEFAULT_MOT_VALUE2T_A1 2.221f
#define DEFAULT_MOT_VALUE2T_A2 0.646f

#define DEFAULT_MOT_VALUE_SCAL 3.5f

We are working on a good way to publish motor and prop data for Quatos.
JussiH

Postby Kisssys » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:14 pm

Those are the Ladybird props that I use.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby boriss » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:44 pm

Thanks Jussi and Kissys,

one more questions maybe being to picky again. But looking at the different thrust results due to the way these coreless motors are mounted. Do you think it makes a difference how my thrust measurement setup was designed ? Thus motors mounted under the arms should have a seperate calculation to motors mounted over the booms ? Or is the final thrust to RPM outcomes not of importantance but more the proportion ?

prop and motor orientaions.jpg

porp motor orientaions.png
porp motor orientaions.png (13.9 KiB) Viewed 14451 times

Thanks
boriss

Postby Kisssys » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Boris,

The mounting difference doesn't seem that great, C and D are basically identical, you could be off that much in the measuring process. A and B are within 4 percent which should work.

When I test motors I try to use the same prop between motors of the same direction also.

Their is a difference between the AB CD groups of 10 percent but I'd think it will fly fine until you give it full throttle, then you will see a little wobble until DCA in quatos gets thing balanced out.

We want everything to be as accurate as possible, but we don't want to make Quatos your enemy. If you have to work this hard then it's not worth it especially on a little copter. When you lift off and have so much fun you fly it into the wall then all the data you collected means nothing as the motors or props can be damaged.

Cheers
Steve
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby DUKE40 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:53 pm

Hi,

I have one question regarding Quatos. It using Quatos with other ESCs than the ESC32, for example with KISS Escs, is the thrust curve measurement required? And if yes, where should the parameters generated out of it be stored?
#define DEFAULT_MOT_VALUE2T_A1 -0.013085935
#define DEFAULT_MOT_VALUE2T_A2 1,99084E-05

Any hint would be appreciated.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby chschmid » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:45 pm

You can edit the values in QGC (Onboard Params) or write them in a file.txt and load it in QGC. Save to ROM.

MOT_VALUE2T_A1 -0.013085935
MOT_VALUE2T_A2 1.99084E-05
MOT_VALUE_SCAL 950.0f

Use the PWM range (max-min) and put it in MOT_VALUE_SCAL.

Does that help?

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby DUKE40 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:56 am

While reading the documentation about Quatos, I just stumbled over the following text:
Quatos requires a fast closed loop RPM control. This means that Quatos is ONLY supported on ESC32 for brushless motors and on the M4 using the internal motor drivers to run coreless brushed DC motors. UltraESC support is in development and expected to release soon.

Does this mean, that if I need to use KISS ESC, because ESC32 is too big for my copter, I wont be able to use Quatos?

I read in this thread viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3950 that it would be easy to use Quatos with the configuration documented in the thread.

What is now true, only ESC32 or also possible with KISS ESC?

Thanks for clarification.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby kinderkram » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:13 am

Menno has built a Quad based on KISSes using Quatos:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3650&start=10#p26779

He also posted special fw you will need:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3650&start=20#p27289
kinderkram

Postby DUKE40 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:43 am

Hi Kinderkram,

unfortunately in the link you posted no FW was posted only the changes to some header and c files needed to get it working.
I know, that only team members are able to compile Quatos enabled FW due to the Quatos libraries which are not freely available.
So I will need someone who can compile the FW for me.
I will be using aBugsWorstNightmare M4 BLDC extension board, an M4, on a hexacopter with KISS ESCs, using M5 to M8 from the extension board and picking M3 and M4 directly from the M4 board.
I plan to use the onboard Spektrum receiver so no external receiver currently planned.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Next

Return to Quatos Adaptive Control