[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Welcome to the Quatos forum section

Welcome to the Quatos forum section

The new control algorithm for AutoQuad flight controllers.

Welcome to the Quatos forum section

Postby kinderkram » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:48 am

Now that the sales of the M4 have started we also opened the Quatos documentation in our Wiki here:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/quatos-adaptive-control/

Every AQ flight controller purchased in the future will have a free Quatos Hobby license for crafts up to 1kg AUW.
M4 Beta users normally don´t need to wrap their heads around the info. The boards are usually pre-flashed and come with a set of parameters for certain frames.

However if your setup isn´t already tested you can fine tune some parameters to match your setup:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/quatos-ad ... nd-tuning/

I´m hoping for a healthy discussion on that very interesting matter of alternative control alorythms other than PID.

Have fun,

Norbert
kinderkram

Re: Welcome to the Quatos forum section

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:39 am

Is there any affordable upgrade path for us who have been using Autoquad from the start? I've been struggling with frequent saturation on all 3 of my larger autoquad copters (2.5-4.5kg) in windy conditions , leading to them taking off at full throttle while in Position Hold, no matter how carefully I balance and tune everything, and it sucks to see that I'll have to pay $1000USD to get each of them to perform the way that they should have performed from the start.

I'm running DIMUs on all of them, but nothing I've managed to do will get them to stop this dangerous behaviour.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby drbam » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:03 am

Dear Norbert,

"M_TLT RATE and M_YAW_RATE is rate response limiters expressed in radians per second. 1 Radian equals 180 degrees, so the default is 180 degrees per second."

Please to correct : 360 degrees are 2 Pi radians, so 1 radian equals to 57.29578 degrees.

Borislav
drbam

Postby DUKE40 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:07 pm

I am also a little bit disappointed, that longer user of AQ have to pay more for using Quatos than new customers.
I remember buying my first AQ almost two years ago for about 429€ without DIMU, and now a new customer is able to by an AQ with DIMU and Quatos for about 370€.
I have been long thinking about using Quatos when it comes available, but the amount for my two AQ Quadrocopters is much more than I expected and thus my copter will remain untuned as I have never managed to get them fly perfectly with PID, the tuning is far too compley for the spare time I have for the hobby.

:cry:
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby chschmid » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:10 pm

chschmid

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:25 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Jdmagoo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:21 pm

Hopefully there will be a Quatos teir between 2.5 - 4.5kg, my craft comes in at 3.3kg so does this mean as it is now that I would have to pay $995 for Quatos?

Anyway, glad it's been released
Jdmagoo

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:28 am

-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby bn999 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:55 pm

This probably has nothing to do with attitude control. It is likely ACC saturation. Post your ACC plot from your "Windy Log".

Might be best to start a new thread not to pollute this one.
bn999

Postby ckw » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:54 am

Hi, guys,

I have a question.

By saying "Every AQ flight controller purchased in the future will have a free Quatos Hobby license for crafts up to 1kg AUW", does it mean I can use the M4 controller(license) directly to my current AQ6(use ESC, without DIMU) to control my old quad?

Best,
Kevin
ckw

Next

Return to Quatos Adaptive Control