[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Welcome to the Quatos forum section

Welcome to the Quatos forum section

The new control algorithm for AutoQuad flight controllers.

Re: Welcome to the Quatos forum section

Postby DUKE40 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:24 am

Hi Kevin,

unfortunately not, the Quatos license is hardware bound, thus you need a license for each AQ or M4 you want to use Quatos for.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby kinderkram » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:54 am

We've updated the Quatos Licenses page:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/quatos-ad ... for-the-m4

Just to make clear that hobby crafts over 2,5kg are considered as "commercial" and therefor the personal license will not apply.

Atm there's no other upgrade path in the plans other than the existing:
- free hobby license for crafts up to 1kg, coming with every newly purchased AQ FC
- hobby licenses are limited to 2,5kg
- everything above is commercial

Hope this makes it clearer now...
kinderkram

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi,

I read carefully the documentation and some questions araised.
To calculate the parameters, one need to measure the weight of each component, that means, if you want to use a Quatos license for an already completed craft, you would need to take it apart as far as possible to weight each single component.
Is that right?
How do you measure the distance of motors? I have a quadrocopter where the front arms have a broader angle than the rear arms for avoiding propellers being on the picture, how should the distance be measured?
And last but not least, not everybody is able to perform the thrust curve measurement, is it planned to have some database with I would say classic combinations? Or how should people proceed if they do not have the tools necessary for that step?
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby chschmid » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:36 pm

chschmid

Postby Kisssys » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:40 pm

Christof

You may be interested in a method I've used that seems to work very well. I have checked my Quatos calibrations and it has been very accurate. On machines like my Phantom I would trust this method much more than all the guessing I had to do with the mass distribution of the plastic fuselage. I think if you found the yaw moment and used about 80 percent of that for roll and pitch you would be in the ball park for a typical frame. Quatos is very tolerant and I add a 300 gram gimbal and gopro and extra battery's without any noticeable change. Adding the mass close to the center of the craft causes little change.

I use the equations from this video simplified to I = (.248 * m * T * T * b * b) / L

.248 comes from dividing the force of gravity 9.807 by the square of pi * 4

m = the mass of the copter in KG

T = the period of oscillation in seconds

b = 1/2 the distance between the strings in meters

L = length of the supporting string in meters

With the strings I'm using of about 2.5 meters long the period is about 2 seconds. It's easy to do yaw as it pretty much hangs level from the booms. All measurement are between strings and not motors. The string does not have to be at the very end but symmetrical about the center of the copter and the same distance apart at the top and bottom. It only needs to swing 15 to 20 degrees, if you do to aggressive a swing it starts to move around and you will enter the fact that it's lifting the copter slightly.

20140915_101043.jpg
20140915_111422.jpg
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi Christof,

the motors are T-Motor MN3510-15 with 630KV and the props are T-Motor Carbon props 12x4.
I use them with ESC32v2.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:37 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby chschmid » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:30 am

chschmid

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:39 am

Best regards,