[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Is my temperature sensor broken?

Is my temperature sensor broken?

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

Is my temperature sensor broken?

Postby HeliHenkie » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi all,

Today I made a couple of static logs for the "fully temperature compensated IMU" procedure.
My board is a brand new AQ6 board with DIMU extension board.
All sensors give perfect results over the total temperature range, but the tempature sensor does not.
Somewhere in the temperature range below -4 degrees C something is wrong (see attached picture).
The temperature data over this temperature look normal.
All my static logs show a similar pattern as the one posted here.

Did anyone encounter a similar problem, know what the possible cause could be or how to solve it?
Where is the temperature sensor located? Is it on the main board or on the DIMU extension board?

Flying behaviour with just the onboard MAG calibration and DIMU tare is great.

Best regards,

Jan Willem
The Netherlands
Attachments
temp3.JPG
HeliHenkie

Re: Is my temperature sensor broken?

Postby chschmid » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:09 pm

Hi Jan Willem

I would go with the onboard tools.
Maybe you have some condensation causing this. Hard to tell.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby HeliHenkie » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:20 pm

@Christoff: thanks for your reply. Temperatures are below zero in the Netherlands at this moment. That's the reason I'd like to do the full temperature compensation, instead of the onboard tools. I've considered a condensation glitch as the reason of the strange data. Do you know which chip is used for temperature measurement? Is it the mpu6000 on the DIMU or another chip on the AQ board. That would make solving the problem easier.

Best regards,

Jan Willem
HeliHenkie

Postby chschmid » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:41 pm

Hi Jan Willem

I am very sorry, but that goes beyond my knowledge.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby LPR » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:09 am

Jan

You can lower the chance of having a problem with condensation by not closing the container that you have the AQ 6 board in till you're ready to take the container out of the freezer.

If you close a container before you place in in a freezer you may lock high humidity in it.

Larry
LPR

Postby bn999 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:08 pm

bn999

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN