Jussi Params & DIMU Tare???

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

Jussi Params & DIMU Tare???

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:17 am

Apologies but I'm a little confused (doesn't take much these days :D ). With the advent of the Tare function what is the purpose of Jussi's parameters that were posted earlier? Do these offer another sensor calibration other than what the Tare offers?

If so, whats the procedure for flying without a full cal?

Is it:

1/ Load new firmware
2/ Load Jussi parameters
3/ Adjust Declination and inclination
4/ Adjust other settings i.e. radio, mixer etc
5/ Conduct Tare
6/ then fly

Apologies if this has been answered before

James
Jdmagoo

Re: Jussi Params & DIMU Tare???

Postby plexus » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:41 am

Hi James,
I done exactly that you said and it flies very very well.

I had no other choice because I the calculation not run well. Values are out of range.
I am in R380 and qggc 1.4 B1
Alain
plexus

Postby JussiH » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:46 am

The default parameter set is just for a sanity-check. It stops the HUD going crazy, but its not for a flying solution.
JussiH

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 am

JussiH wrote:The default parameter set is just for a sanity-check. It stops the HUD going crazy, but its not for a flying solution.

OK so just to be clear, the parameters you posted dont calibrate the MAGS or anything else? So all we need to do is conduct a Tare and that is it? Im guessing if thats the case those parameters were posted before the Tare function worked?

Thanks for your replies

James
Jdmagoo

Postby plexus » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:30 am

JussiH wrote:The default parameter set is just for a sanity-check. It stops the HUD going crazy, but its not for a flying solution.

Hi Jussih,
Ok, , can you have a look (if you have time) on my log because the calculation give eratic values.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3203

Many thanks
Alain
plexus

Postby JussiH » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:09 am

Jdmagoo wrote:

OK so just to be clear, the parameters you posted dont calibrate the MAGS or anything else? So all we need to do is conduct a Tare and that is it? Im guessing if thats the case those parameters were posted before the Tare function worked?

Thanks for your replies

James

Yes, the default set is just one of Bills early sets and its JUST a sanity check!

As for mags there is actually now a new onboard mag calibration feature in the experimental releases. We are working on testing and documenting everything for a big release to come out inside the next few weeks hopefully. But it means that sensors can be calibrated in less than 5 mins.

The Tare and Onboard mag documentation will be posted one of the coming days. And we are clearing up issues with DIMU calibration on windows too...

Pls bear with us - a lot of monumental changes was made since the last release, and we need some time putting it all together into a single well-documented release candidate.
JussiH

Postby plexus » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:25 am

Very good job,
Number one that team :D
plexus

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN