[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Red LED on AQ with DIMU and new firmware

Red LED on AQ with DIMU and new firmware

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

Red LED on AQ with DIMU and new firmware

Postby rput » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi all,

I received 2 DIMU's and have put them on two AQ boards that are ready to be put to good use :) However, after flashing the new firmware (R372, HWV6.1) the AQ will no longer work but only shows the red LED. After flashing back to the old firmware (6.7.R224) everything works fine.

This happens on both boards. I am hoping I am just overlooking something simple, which wouldn't be the first time. Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard
rput

Re: Red LED on AQ with DIMU and new firmware

Postby joebar.rc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:29 am

joebar.rc

Postby rput » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Thanks Menno for the reply!

I wonder if what happened is that the AQ would not initialize as it registers moving sensors? After a lot of failed attempts I decided to try and initialize with parameters on the SD. Once I put Jussi's parameters on the SD card, it initialized just fine.

Richard
rput

Postby joebar.rc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:58 am

Ok good,to,hear.
Strange, I did not experience that when we tested the preproduction versions that it wouldn't initialize it with original aimu params. We should probably make those default in the fw releases
joebar.rc

Postby Florian75 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:17 pm

Hello,

i have the same problem. After flashing the "aqv7.0.r372.b1704-hwv6.1-dimu1.1.hex" or "aqv7.0.r373.b1706-hwv6.1-dimu1.1.hex" only the red LED "Power" is on. After putting the params.txt with the defines (http://autoquad.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... PARAMS.zip) on the SD Card the red Debug LED is also on. After that i found on my SD Card a "001-MSG.LOG" with one Line "Mavlink init ADC init ADC task started". The "aqv6.7.r224.b1400-rev1.hex" works fine.

Any Ideas? DIMU not o.k.?

regards
Florian
Florian75

Postby Andi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:48 pm

Hi
i have the same problem too

the first screenshot is the communication console message after flash firmware "aqv7.0.r372.b1704-hwv6.1-dimu1.1.hex or other dimu Firmware and reboot.

the second screenshot after load the params.zip file with SD-card
http://autoquad.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... PARAMS.zip

whats wrong

Andi
Andi

Postby afernan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:54 pm

Having same problem and solved as follow. Red led in fc is shown if "params.txt" (with deffault params) are in main folder of the SD and the SD is inside fc at the moment of reseting.

After installing the fw in DIMU v1.1, HUD rotates cracy, you need to load deffault params file called "params.txt". This is how I did it:

0- Record the "PARAMS.txt" file (the "good" one, without spaces in) into the SD
1- Connect to QGC normally (with SD out the board).
2- Now, insert SD into the board. From QGC "load from SD". Now remove again the SD (to avoid reboot with it inside)
3- reset. Now HUD is OK.
4- Delete "PARAMS.txt" from SD to avoid being loaded if that SD is used for loging flights. If leaved in the SD, then It´s not loaded correctly after a reset (red led flashing in fw); only can be done using "QGC-load from SD"

Hope this helps

Angel
Last edited by afernan on Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
afernan

Postby rput » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi everyone,

we are now experiencing the same problem as Florian75. Red power LED stays on after upgrading the firmware. After putting in the SD with the default params it will show both the power and the debug LED. We tested with r372 and r381 with the same results.

There was a MSG.LOG on the SD card which is empty.

Anyone know of a solution for this yet?

Thanks,
Richard
rput

Postby rput » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:39 pm

As an update: We changed the DIMU board and now it works fine after putting in the SD card with the params. Looks like it may be a hardware issue. Anything you suggest I test for on the non-functioning board?

Cheers,
Richard
rput

Postby afernan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:26 am

@Richard: did you read my answer above?. It´s described how to proceed to get working DIMU v1.1 (for the moment). I´m flying three boards using that procedure.
afernan

Next

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN