DIMU calibration

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

Re: DIMU calibration

Postby JussiH » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:26 am

The default set is just a sanity-check, not for flying.
JussiH

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:08 am

skew wrote:I can fly it around agressive in manual mode like my multiwii quad without it wanting to freak out if you try to stop it to fast.

Can you please elaborate more on this? Are you talking about the divergence problem or something else? And the DIMU has fixed it?
Jdmagoo

Postby skew » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:13 pm

Jdmagoo wrote:Can you please elaborate more on this? Are you talking about the divergence problem or something else? And the DIMU has fixed it?

Yes divergence, I have not flown in strong wind yet but I was able to fly it more aggressive than I ever felt comfortable before.
skew

Postby HeliHenkie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi all,

I followed the steps as described by Max and tried 'not to think to complicated':

teramax wrote:Jan i realy think you are thinking too complicated, i fly meanwhile 2 DIMU Boards with very little effort.
Step 1. solder
Step 2. set your parameters like RC, Motor Mix, Mag inkl. and decl.
Step 3. power up and do the "tare funktion"
Step 4. fly

Yes for sure also a quick calculation with one static and one dynamic file are good but definitly not needet.
When you take the long road and calibrate you need a fast trigger finger, watch out the AVG on Step3 and hit abort when close to 2,000. You can repeat as often you like.

I fly FW: aqv7.0.r372.b1704-hwv6.1-dimu1.1

I'm able to get my quadcopter in the air, but the motors pulse and jumps up and down in manual mode and is very difficult to control. I've attached three pictures to this post that might help you solve my problem.
The picture that I don't understand is the motor output. The motor output fluctuates between 0 and over 3000. Does this mean these signals are presented to my speed controllers (Hobbyking BlueSeries with SimonK firmware flashed)? I've calibrated them between 1000 and 2000.
Are these values the result of the new parameter ranges introduced in the latest firmware versions?
I hope hyou can shed some light on my problem!

Best regards,

Jan Willem
Attachments
motor_output.JPG
throttle_channel0.JPG
vibs.JPG
HeliHenkie

Postby teramax » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Jan this is not a calibration problem, you should head over to the PID tuning section of the forum.
I would mention your TAP is double to high, the TRD Out Max much to low and so on..........

And also this rig looks very overpowered ;)
somehow everything can fly
http://www.youtube.com/user/ter4m4x
teramax

Postby afernan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:07 am

@Jan:

from r234+ several important changes were done (see this post viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2419&start=80). In particular motor plots are not representing what it should. I don´t understant also that meanning of your plots (I got same kind of plotting). Could someone explain that?.
afernan

Postby epyonxero » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:10 pm

If youre using the TARE function instead of a full calibration does it need to be tared after every power up? I just tried it on my bench and it leveled the HUD but after resetting the level was gone. Is there a way to save the tare?
epyonxero

Postby JussiH » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:53 pm

Tare is temporary at the moment. I think that a new version QGC will be released shortly with better functions for DIMU handling and we are discussing ways to handle write/read to Eeprom and storing tared values. It should end up in a release candidate and matching QGC eventually...but I cant state a ETA on it.
JussiH

Postby epyonxero » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:57 pm

JussiH wrote:Tare is temporary at the moment. I think that a new version QGC will be released shortly with better functions for DIMU handling and we are discussing ways to handle write/read to Eeprom and storing tared values. It should end up in a release candidate and matching QGC eventually...but I cant state a ETA on it.

That would be really helpful. I can level the frame on my workbench no problem but it's harder at the field.
epyonxero

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:58 pm

epyonxero wrote:If youre using the TARE function instead of a full calibration does it need to be tared after every power up? I just tried it on my bench and it leveled the HUD but after resetting the level was gone. Is there a way to save the tare?

Sure it is, if you TARE it actually sets params to the 0 bias.
If you are satisfied with it. ie level flight just hook it up to the QGCS and press transmit-save like any other param change. It than will be stored in flash (not eeprom) and used from that point on, no need to do this every startup :)

Menno
joebar.rc

PreviousNext

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN