[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - DIMU calibration

DIMU calibration

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

Re: DIMU calibration

Postby teramax » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:38 pm

somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby phynix » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:21 pm

Interesting questions - but a reliable answer should be given by one of the coding guys^^. They probably know what they have done :D.

I am also eager to know these kind of things, hopefully clearification appears in the wiki soon ;). But maybe an efficient way of handling it is not yet finalized.
phynix

Postby teramax » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:00 am

teramax

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:29 am

joebar.rc

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:06 am

So with r378, how can we choose to store the new values in EEPROM?

Is the mag calibration dance different to the previous dynamic dance? What is the procedure for getting a set of parameters using the 'tare/mag calibration dance' option? Just use a dynamic log and no static logs? Or do you still need a static log and to freeze the board?

Thanks!
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:01 am

joebar.rc

Postby teramax » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:18 pm

so to save time we have to buy a bigger freezer to perform the static and dynamic log inside the fridge :lol:
teramax

Postby skew » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:29 pm

If we had this about 2 months ago I could have just went outside when it was -20f no freezer needed LOL
skew

Postby afernan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:08 pm

After a full day fighting with my new DIMUs onto my two old boards, I discovered the following problems.

I have different DIMU versions:
1 x DIMU v1.01 (DIMU installed by Jussi and working well)
2 x DIMUs v1.1 from Flyduino (DIMU installed by me)

Then:
Using "aqv7.0.r372.b1710-hwv6.0-dimu11.hex" with DIMU v1.01 all it´s OK, but NOT OK with DIMU v1.1 (can´t make tare).

So, I´ve rewind and using "aqv.r344.b1640-rev0.hex" worked with DIMU v1.1 ( I can tare and flight).

BTW, just installing the fw in DIMU v1.1, HUD rotates cracy, so I need to load deffault params, which is not obvious. This is how I did it:
- Connect to QGC normally (SD out the board). Record the "PARAMS.txt" (the "good" one) into SD
- Now, insert SD on board. From QGC "load from SD". Remove SD
- reset. Now HUD is OK.
- Delete "PARAMS.txt" from SD to avoid being loaded if that SD is used for loging flights. If leaved in the SD, then It´s not loaded correctly after a reset (red led flashing in fw); only can be done using "QGC-load from SD"

Are there any new "tare" for v1.1? Something that we should know with v1.1?
what should be used for compiling?

Please clarify. Thanks. Today I was close to get crazy with AQ...
afernan

Postby sandmen » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Angel,
v1.01, should not have a EEProm. I'm really not sure.
The v1.1 should have a EEProm.

Did we speak from the same ?
Tare is not MAG-onboard calibration ?!

Tare should work on all DIMU boards.
What do you mean, by can't make tare?
Any message in qgc ?
Maybe we should use a other config_default.h file for DIMU !
sandmen

PreviousNext

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN