[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - DIMU calibration

DIMU calibration

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

Re: DIMU calibration

Postby Trnquill » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:49 am

Trnquill

Postby teramax » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:59 am

you can still perform the "tara" funktion and it flies without any other calibration.
And yes it flys awesome. ;)
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby JussiH » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:26 am

Guys, the tare is a perfectly valid way of calibrating and getting in the air. Can it get any easier?

AQ is the only public projekt that has an option for full temp compensation and scale/bias calibration. So what the tare does is to put us at the same level as everyone else in terms of sensor calibration and offer you a 5 second way to calibrate your AQ. Seriously, this is what you have all been asking for for years on end...its here now, and it works good! ;)

I´ll update the Docu with the informations from the post I made earlier about DIMU calibration. Work IS beeing done on simplifying the full calibration routine, but its not like we have a coding-center we can draw on.... :D

I expect (but wont make promises on Max´s behalf) that a new version of QGC will be released shortly and that it will have better functions for DIMU, like storing of tared values, EEprom handling and taring from GCS.
JussiH

Postby Trnquill » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:11 pm

Trnquill

Postby 13brv3 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:30 pm

13brv3

Postby JussiH » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:42 pm

The default set will put your mags in a acceptable range - from what I have seen so far, the HMC5983 varies very little from chip to chip. Variations on the MPU are also considerably smaller than it was with the analog sensors. All these digital sensors are usually calibrated roughly during manufactoring.

The default set is likely something we can improve as more people build calibration data for their crafts. The one I posted is one I got from Bill way back and it still puts my mags very close to ideal.

What I have found with the DIMU is that once the default set is loaded, your compass heading will be very close to true. With the AIMU, you would only get a true heading once the GPS had been able to correct it.

With the new versions of code, the mag is only used to estimate an initial heading on the ground. Once you arm and takeoff, the heading is maintained by the gyros and corrected by GPS.
JussiH

Postby 13brv3 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:11 pm

13brv3

Postby HeliHenkie » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:37 pm

HeliHenkie

Postby teramax » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:28 pm

Jan i realy think you are thinking too complicated, i fly meanwhile 2 DIMU Boards with very little effort.
Step 1. solder
Step 2. set your parameters like RC, Motor Mix, Mag inkl. and decl.
Step 3. power up and do the "tare funktion"
Step 4. fly

Yes for sure also a quick calculation with one static and one dynamic file are good but definitly not needet.
When you take the long road and calibrate you need a fast trigger finger, watch out the AVG on Step3 and hit abort when close to 2,000. You can repeat as often you like.

I fly FW: aqv7.0.r372.b1704-hwv6.1-dimu1.1
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby skew » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:50 am

I have found that Tare function still needs to be done after the calibration parm is loaded. I tried to fly with just the parm calibration and I was having all kinds of wobbles I did the Tare and it is the best my AQ has ever been!!!! I can fly it around agressive in manual mode like my multiwii quad without it wanting to freak out if you try to stop it to fast.
skew

PreviousNext

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN