[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - DIMU calibration

DIMU calibration

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

Re: DIMU calibration

Postby afernan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:39 am

Tare is working in all DIMU I have, but not with all fw versions.

DIMU v1.01 works with any fw version that I´ve tested. I´m using now r372

DIMU v1.1 don´t work with r372. If I install that version aparently all is working correctly, with the exception that I can´t make the "tare" function. Installing r344 on DIMU v1.1 all works correctly, including "tare" function.

At this moment DIMU_VER can be 10, 11 or 20. I guess:
DIMU_VER = 10 correswponds to DIMU v1.01
DIMU_VER = 11 correswponds to DIMU v1.01
DIMU_VER = 20 correswponds to DIMU v2.0

Is that OK?
afernan

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:20 am

Dimu 10 was development, probably without eeprom
Dimu 11 is dimu v1.01 (pre prod) & v1.11 (current prod)
Dimu 20 is not used, there was a time that dimu v1, v2 & v3 where used as reference.

Strange thing is that the tare function relies on the mpu6000 and only zero's the bias. So if the gyro/acc is working tare should be working.
The dimu board reference has moved to the config.h and a #define in the aq6.h, but as you said the basic gyo/acc is working that reference should be correct too.. puzzeled.. do you have access to a debugger and cable so you can place a breakpoint on the dIMUTare function to see what is going on?

Menno
joebar.rc

Postby afernan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:58 am

@Menno, thanks for your clarification.

I don´t have a debugger, but I can investicate a bit more.

The fw version r344, working on DIMU v1.1, was compiled by me using MAKEFILE. Versions not working (r372) was taken from ftp server already compiled. I´l try today to compile r372 by me and test, only in case.

Angel
afernan

Postby afernan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:09 pm

I just compiled r372 for DIMU v1.1 with Makefile and loaded into my board with DIMUv1.1: ALL WORKING WELL.
(attached the used hex files)

Also sizes are different for same file "aqv7.0.r372.b1711-hwv6.0-dimu11.hex": 510kb compiled with makefile and 539kb from ftp (CrossStudio, I guess)

So I guess that hex files in FTP are somehow bad.

Angel

[attached file removed]
Last edited by Max on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove attachment, unclear which firmware version.
afernan

Postby Max » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:48 pm

Max

Postby afernan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:53 pm

Max:

For your info, I´ve been flying the version I´ve posted above succesfuly, on a board with v1.1 and r372
afernan

Postby Max » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:08 pm

Cool, but that doesn't explain what is going on with the posted builds. BTW, all the builds on the FTP site are built using command line (using the Makefile). In fact every public binary that I've ever posted has been built that way (release versions, Google Code downloads, etc).

-Max
Max

Postby teramax » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:59 pm

for me the r372 is working from the FTP site on a 1.1 DIMU
Calibrated the old way and also tried with tare and write comand by TX.

Latest i tried was the r380 which i also fliew calibrated and or tared.
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby Max » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:38 pm

Max

Postby afernan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:26 am

@Max. Thanks for the investigation. Now I´m fully confused about that.

Anyway, I´m using now r381, DIMU v1.1 from FTP - experimental and Is working great in two copters. I did all mag calibration, tare and eprom storage, and then flying perfectly.

Sorry by the cofusion created. Probaly was my bad after a long day.

Angel
afernan

Previous

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN