[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Unable to write parameters to ROM after DIMU upgrade

Unable to write parameters to ROM after DIMU upgrade

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

r368 Can't save parameters

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:02 am

I've just installed a DIMU and flashed the DIMU version of r368, but after transmitting and writing parameters to ROM, when I repower the board, the parameters haven't changed from their initial values.

Config_version = 125. I've tried setting it to 0 and rebooting, but it does the same as trying to save anything else and comes back with default params.

Anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Edit: just tried r357 and can update parameters.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Re: r368 Can't save parameters

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:37 am

Next problem... I connect using QGC, and I see the HUD spinning. Sometimes it will keep going, other times it will freeze, and the diagnostic telemtry shows 'nan' as the values for a bunch of things. All of the values that have numbers are actively changing.

I've tried the tare function. If the HUD stays active without the nan issue, then I can level successfully, but after a reboot, the HUD is back to spinning, and i get a message in the bootup log 'DIMU: cannot read EEPROM parameters!'

Edit: I've just tried pulling the DIMU off and remounting it in the socket, and it looks to be behaving for now...
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Re: r368 Can't save parameters

Postby JussiH » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:10 am

I have just posted a set of default IMU params, that will make your DIMU´s act sane:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3039&start=20
JussiH

Unable to write parameters to ROM after DIMU upgrade

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi,

just upgraded to DIMU and flashed the board to firmware aqv7.0.r368.b1697-hwv6.0-dimu1.1.hex (downloaded form here ftp://ftp.autoquad.org/3/334693_22529/a ... erimental/).
SANY0088.JPG

SANY0091.JPG

SANY0092.JPG

Problem:
When changing ANY parameter (i.e. radio type) and writing it to ROM nothing seems to be written since all parameters were on their default settings after power-cycling the board. I'm working with QGC V1.3.0 (FTDI connection to AQ6) on OS X.

So: any advice how to proceed??
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: Unable to write parameters to ROM after DIMU upgrade

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:40 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby sandmen » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:02 pm

Did a reset to default parameter help?
Last edited by sandmen on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandmen

Postby kinderkram » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:44 pm

kinderkram

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:31 am

Attachments
READROM fails.tiff
EDIT: Read ROM also fails!
READROM fails.tiff (131.79 KiB) Viewed 12204 times
PARAMS.TXT
(24 Bytes) Downloaded 730 times
console.tiff
Messages on CONSOLE - pls notice the 'DIMU: cannot read EEPROM parameters!'
console.tiff (120.85 KiB) Viewed 12210 times
config_parmto0-3.tiff
Parameters after reboot
config_parmto0-2.tiff
CONFIG_VERSION and RADIO_TYPE changed
config_parmto0.tiff
params after flashing new firmware
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby sandmen » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:45 am

1. connect the board
2. power on
3. connect the qgc
4. open "serial console"
4. edit Radio selection
5. use store to AQ button, and select store into ROM on this dialog
6. press reset button on the fc
7. post log here.
sandmen

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:08 am

Hi,

when talking about 'serial console' I think you're speaking of about the 'Communication Console'.

This is what I end up when doing as requested (as long as it's available in the communictaion console windows). Change radio type to Spektrum 10Bit.

Link serial port /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART is connected.
(MAV 003) SUCCESS: Executed CMD: 245
(MAV 003) Mavlink init
(MAV 003) ADC task started
(MAV 003) Supervisor task started
(MAV 003) filer: created new session [8]
(MAV 003) DIMU: cannot read EEPROM parameters!
(MAV 003) Battery cells: 2
(MAV 003) Radio init
(MAV 003) WARNING: Invalid radio type!
(MAV 003) GPS init
(MAV 003) Nav init
(MAV 003) Command interface init
(MAV 003) Motors init
(MAV 003) Control init
(MAV 003) Control task started
(MAV 003) Mavlink SYS ID: 3
(MAV 003) AQ FW ver: 7.0 - EXPR rev368 b1697, HW ver: 6 rev0
(MAV 003) Disarmed
(MAV 003) Initialization complete, READY.

I've also checked HEX but I can't see any additional data. Pls notice: this is QGC V1.3.0 on OS X 10.9.2 (might be of interest).
aBUGSworstnightmare

Next

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN