[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - DIMU vs AIMU

DIMU vs AIMU

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

DIMU vs AIMU

Postby chestnut » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:04 am

Hi all,

I'm using DIMU, and I haven't yet used AIMU, so I thinks AIMU is best if we use AIMU + MS5611(baro digital).
Anyone can help me clearly understand different DIMU and AIMU?

Thanks all.
chestnut

Re: DIMU vs AIMU

Postby bn999 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:59 pm

The difference is simply the sensors that are being used. They are of a new / better design in each case. In the case of the GYO & ACC, they are in the same chip die which makes calibration easier. The X, Y & Z axis of the MAGs are also on a single chip die as well.
bn999

Postby chestnut » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:56 pm

chestnut

Postby bn999 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:13 pm

I reviewed and tested just about every sensor I could get my hands on. Some AD parts were tested, but did not make the cut. What I ended up with were the best in the low priced MEMs class at the time. There are better sensors, but they cost $100's and are 10 times the size and weight and would require 3D mounting. I was skeptical of the MPU6000 at first, but it ended up performing the best under the conditions that we typically experience during flight. The HMC5983 is by far the best MAG that I have tried and is compact and easy to interface to. The MS5611 is not cheap, but it is much better than the analog part that we have been using.
bn999

Postby chestnut » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:19 pm

chestnut

Postby bn999 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:35 pm

I've tried these and they are amazing, but so is the price and size.

http://www.colibrys.com/e/page/300/
bn999

Postby chestnut » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:32 am

chestnut

Postby Trnquill » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:45 pm

Do you need to use foam with DIMU to protect the pressure sensor like you do with AIMU? If so, which one of the chips is the pressure sensor? Under the DIMU perhaps?
Trnquill

Postby joebar.rc » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:46 pm

joebar.rc

Postby kinderkram » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:03 pm

It´s the one marked "U1" on the lower side:

kinderkram

Next

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN