[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - DIMU with very short full calibration results

DIMU with very short full calibration results

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

DIMU with very short full calibration results

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi Guys,

This is a short demo vid i shot this morning with the upcoming DIMU (and full CAN enabled ESC32 communication). The DIMU has a new simple calibration option that I tried last week with very good results.
In this demo I wanted to see the results from a full calibration (freezing, warming up, dance and calculations) and if possible within one morning. I started around 7:00 am and took the vid around 10:30am the same morning.

Hours spend: freezing, warming up: ~75 min (1 file)
Dynamic dance: 7 min (1 file)
Dynamic calibrations:
Step 1-3: ~15 min
Step 4a & 4b both 50 loops ~10 min
Step 5 150 loops ~30 min
Step 6 3500 loops ~30 min
As you can see very short loops:
In total just under 3 hours on a core i5 (first gen) notebook.

I'm very very pleased with the result: it is a quad with slow turning motors and large 15" props so mind you that in mild wind like in this vid it can be less stable than fast turning props.
The alt hold is impressive and during the RTH or forward DHV flight it did not change altitude at all.
It proofs that full calibration is still very useful for the temperature compensation (-5 degrees during vid) and magneto offset based on your electromagnetic profile but it does not have to be a long session. I am very curious about the other results when the DIMU will hit the market.

Menno
joebar.rc

Re: DIMU with very short full calibration results

Postby kinderkram » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Veeery nice, Menno!

Thx for keeping us updated. Alt_hold looks perfect. 8-)
kinderkram

Postby bn999 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Looks very good. We're splitting hairs here, but you might want to tweak your NAV_SPEED_P parameter up by maybe 10% to 15%. I see a little bit of overshoot when returning and it might settle down the few cm of side to side wandering.

For the record, what version of the fw did you use?
bn999

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:13 pm

joebar.rc

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:24 pm

joebar.rc

Postby epyonxero » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Impressive. Do you have a build log for that vehicle?
epyonxero

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:52 pm

That looks really good, can't wait for these to be released.

Is there any chance you could upload a higher res version to youtube or somewhere please, not sure if it's the video, the forum or my ipad that's making it low res.

Good work as always Menno
Jdmagoo

Postby JussiH » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:54 pm

Very good result, menno.
JussiH

Postby chestnut » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:35 am

Hi joebar.rc,

Now i'm using DMIU board, but It't not add EEPROM and using DRATE function for calib.(I'm design hardware board) It's good for manual mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHSECBlHxDE

BUT for full calib. For step 3, it request ADC_MAG_SIGN for calib. Now i'm add ADC_MAG_SIGN = 1 and recalib, but in step 3 loop forever . Can you help me for full calib for DIMU? Thanks.
chestnut

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:50 am

joebar.rc

Next

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN