[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Postby whizz101 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:53 pm

whizz101

Postby wangyeee » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:49 am

wangyeee

Postby whizz101 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Looks like it's time for an AQ7......with increased EMI hardening over the 6!
whizz101

Postby JussiH » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:48 pm

I am almost sure that the root cause of your problem is not EMI.

The reason "EMI hardening" was relevant on AQ6 was to protect the Analog voltages from interference. This was important to make sure that data did not get corrupted by noise. The term "EMI hardened IMU" basically just means that signals and reference voltages was run through som Opamps to stabilize them. Once you mount a DIMU on a AQ6, the sensors basically connects directly to the MCU´s SPI pins.

In a full digital IMU like on M4, EMI is only a problem if it skews data during transmission. A noisy 1 or 0 is still a 1 or 0 ;)
JussiH

Postby wangyeee » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:49 pm

I do believe the power supply of AIMU is well filtered. And since the DIMU is just on top of AIMU, I assume that they shares same power supply. That's why I said "the DIMU will benefit from it".

The MPU6000 is analog gyro/accel integrated with ADC, signal processing and others. The SPI bus makes it more reliable against EMI than analog signal. But this alone does not make the IMU immune to EMI. Since I haven't got a scope to verify, I can only say EMI is one possible cause.

BTW, I have my M4 installed on a H4-680 frame with 4s battery and 4108 motor. I add one dedicate battery for FC and gimbal which works well.

Regards,
Ye
wangyeee

Postby whizz101 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:26 pm

I have now mounted my M4 N4 in a quad with the same esc,s and still running on 6 cells.

I had the same problems with spikes in my motor outputs. But when using Max's "test" firmware all is good. Tomorrow i will do as many flights as i can and see if my original problem presents itself.
whizz101

Postby Patscherpofel » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:01 pm

any update to this problem you have?

I have the exact same problem with a camera quad randomly going nuts from time to time (every 3-5min)...in all flight modes. I also see the spikes and I also use the M4 N4 combo , which is the first AQ FC I own

I gave up on the setup and use different hardware because it was extremely dangerous to use but now that I read this thread I have hopes again to find the problem
I will check which firmware I used first
Patscherpofel

Postby Patscherpofel » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:33 am

I tried a lot of things , different fw, pids, different frames
but all with the same problem...good flying performance and then out of nowhere the motor outputs react like crazy
no special stick input , no external influence
logs look exactly like in this thread in the beginning
its an m4n4 on 6s from viacopter

very dangerous and I will probably give up now
Patscherpofel

Postby Patscherpofel » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:47 am

I read that having both comms enabled might lead to conflicts on an m4
and I allways had them enabled for BT and OSD
any more info on this?
I am on the the 1923 fw right now

edit...now I also saw the warning in the pop out window on the com settings..damm...I missed the info on this before
Patscherpofel

Postby sandmen » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:57 am

Where did you read, that both comms enabled, can make conflicts ?

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk
sandmen

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller