[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Postby whizz101 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:30 pm

Ok,

I've changed the hardware to a new M4/N4 and firmware v7.1.1897-MP-EXPR HW:8.6

My first test flight went ok, althought there was some strange motor revs whilst powering up for take off which i have not seen before.

Sure enough when i checked my logs i can see significant spiking which i have not seen before.

motor spikes.jpg

I thought it was perhaps a result of the full calibration i had done, so i tared the board and tryed again, but the results were the same.

Has anyone seen this problem before? My vibrations seem ok,

vibrations.jpg

Once again this has me pretty stumped! I'm going to try anouther firmware, 445, and see if that changes anything.
whizz101

Postby JussiH » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:10 pm

You probably have the wrong kind of ESC type set or forgot to set the voltage monitor to External.
JussiH

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Seen such spikes on my logs too, but they did not harm flying. But im using Quatos and not PID controller.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby whizz101 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:26 pm

hi guys, thanks again for your advise-

i'm using external esc's and have selected it it QGC.

I have selected external voltage monitoring too!

I'm not to happy about just leaving them, you can hear/sense them in flight.

It's strange as i have flown this set-up lots before and not seen these problems. the only thing i have changed is the FC. There was a smallish crash since my last flight, but if this was causing the problem then you would see it the vibration logs. I can not find anything in the logs that correlates to the motor spikes.

I don't seem to be able to find 445 at ftp.autoquad.org. 442 but not 445. Where should i look?

Unfortunately it has gone dark, so testing 445/442 will have to wait till tomorrow!

Thanks again for everyone's help...

Tristan
whizz101

Postby whizz101 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:28 pm

whizz101

Postby Max » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Those are strange spikes. If you graph the MOT_ROLL, PITCH, and YAW values, you can see them clearly there also, A lot of them on the Yaw axis especially. I can't see any inputs in the log which would explain these spikes. The MAGs are very noisy (and you can see an LED or something blinking on there), but they're the same in the old logs so that doesn't explain the spikes.

I did notice in your previous logs, and these, that there is a good amount of imbalance in the frame, meaning the PITCH/ROLL/YAW outputs tend to average higher or lower than zero. I'm not suggesting this is causing the spikes, but it would make the whole setup more efficient if you could get rid of those imbalances.

The closest equivalent to what you were flying with Menno's build is probably 7.1.b1852 ( ftp://ftp.autoquad.org/3/334693_22529/a ... d-ext_esc/ ). The last of the 7.0 series (r442 b1848) is also going to be very close if not the same ( ftp://ftp.autoquad.org/3/334693_22529/a ... d-ext_esc/ ).

From my "next" branch you may want to start with b1871 ( ftp://ftp.autoquad.org/3/334693_22529/a ... .6-quatos/ ).

If we can find a difference in the spikes somewhere between those two versions, then I can build you some other interim versions to see if we can narrow down when the problem starts. Or if neither/both of those show the problem, we'll know the issue lies elsewhere.

You also switched AQ hardware (as I understand it) so that may complicate the diagnostic process. Or did you try the original fw (Menno's version) on this new hardware as well (with no spikes)?

Cheers,
-Max
Attachments
tristan-085-AQL-MOT_RPY.png
Max

Postby whizz101 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:02 pm

Hi Max,
Thanks for looking at my logs again!

Yes i swapped out the M4 on joergs adapter and replaced it with a new M4 on a N4 adapter. I ran out of daylight so was unable to test either the old Hott firmware or 442.

Good catch seeing the spikes on the MOT_ROLL,PITCH YAW. But what could be causing these?

Tomorrow i will try changing the firmware, then I'll change the M4, and if that doesn't work i'll try putting joergs adapter back!

Not sure what's causing my imbalance, the motors are well levelled and it's a perfect circle hexa!

thanks again for your help, I will report back with my findings.

Tristan
whizz101

Postby JussiH » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:35 am

What kind of ESC are you using?

Have you set the ESC_TYPE parameter accordingly?

You need to be aware that with the "next" branch of firmwares, you need to select the proper ESC_TYPE. If set wrong, you will get the kind of behavior you see here...
JussiH

Postby whizz101 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:52 am

I'm using tiger motor esc's. I have selected standard pmw in QGC and checked it in the parameters. MOT_ESC_TYPE is set to 0.
whizz101

Postby JussiH » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Ok, then I am at a loss as to what can be causing it. Normally, having the wrong kind of ESC selected would bring this kind of problem.

Try 442 or 445 from the DL section at Autoquad.org
JussiH

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller