[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Postby whizz101 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:33 pm

well strangely enough the spikes are back in 442!
whizz101

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:13 pm

Well, from my POV the spikes are related to something else other than PWM.

Look at my 'Motor Spikes' video on YouTube; this are CAN ESC32V2.

I've never experienced any problem with PWM ESC on the M4.BTW: what kind of ESC do you use on the hexa?
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby JussiH » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:52 pm

I will have a few aq6 available shortly...
JussiH

Postby whizz101 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:42 am

whizz101

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:53 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby JussiH » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:54 pm

Tristan,

Send me a PM. I will loan you a AQ6DIMU board to try and narrow down the problem.
JussiH

Postby whizz101 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:13 pm

@ jussi- That's an ace offer, thanks very much.

I spent last night removing my AQ equipment and installed a zero uav controller that i have not used since i made the switch to AQ 2 years ago. It makes me very sad.

However i have just returned from flying and the zero equipment is working flawlessly.10 10min flights no problem. It does not fly as nice as AQ, but in the short term is probably(touch wood) going to be more reliable.

I am going to do another round of flights this evening once my batteries have charged. But assuming that they go all-right then this kinda shows the problem is not with the motor's, esc's or cabling.

It will be very interesting to see what happens when i put a AQ6 back in.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

Tristan
whizz101

Postby wangyeee » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:33 am

Some thoughts based on my experience helping others with a MK FC with similar spike issue.
The same setup between those copters are large frame with big TM U-x motors and TM ESCs. Those high power motors and ESCs generate lots of noise and for the MK case, I2C comms of the MK is interfered. In some cases, the FC simply can't talk to the I2C to PWM convertor. The partial working solution was to replace the 12s HV BEC with a dedicate FC battery and re-route the wirings. Ideally true opto isolators should be used(there are no opto isolators in the so called opto escs). But I haven't seen any available products for that purpose now.

For the AQ, I can only make assumptions based on info in this thread that there may be some sorts of interference in your setup. Based on the AQ6 about page, it has two dc-dc converters and emi hardened IMUs, but there are no such things for M4. As the schematics is close sourced, I can only guess somehow the emi hardening eliminated the interference so your AQ6 flies well. But the M4, hmm... it's another thing.

Suggestions
Try to add dedicate battery w/ BEC to power your avionics. And make sure the ground of esc and ground of pwm output are the ONLY ground connection. Ground loops (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_loop_(electricity)) will cause problems. You can then do a constrained ground test(e.g. props reversely installed and frame secured) to check if the spikes are gone.

Regards,
Ye
wangyeee

Postby Max » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:12 am

The topic of ground loops just came up on an unrelated RCG thread I'm following, and it made me wonder if something like that could be happening here. Between having the expander (N4) board and using the other 2 "hacked" motor ports directly, and the fact that they don't even init at the same time... I'm no expert nor have schematics, but that seems suspicious.

Tristan, do you connect the ground leads from ESCs to PWM ports (vs. only signal)? If yes, what do you connect the 2 "extra" ESC grounds to (the ones getting PWM from the onboard motor ports)? The N4, or some point on the actual M4 board?

-Max
Max

Postby whizz101 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:43 pm

I connect the ground cables of the esc's to the ground of the 1 cell lipo connector on the M4.
whizz101

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller