[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Micro USB connector came off M4...

Micro USB connector came off M4...

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Micro USB connector came off M4...

Postby Mullet » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:32 am

I believe I bought this sometime in early 2015. Not sure if there is a warranty. I was plugging in micro USB into my M4 last night and the connector just came loose and popped off.

The way I look at it is I have two options...

A. Use solder paste and try to resolder on with a hot air station. I risk ruining the board if there is a solder bridge that I don't see, etc.

B. Get it replaced or repaired if under warranty.

What to do? Anyone know what a suitable replacement part would be from Mouser / Digikey?
Mullet

Re: Micro USB connector came off M4...

Postby Mullet » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:18 am

So in the end I was able to fix the connector with a hot air station and by applying solder paste with a toothpick. I must have tried 3 times and finally got it to work the 3rd time. The first two times I had a solder bridge, which prevented the board from powering up. My computer even did an auto shutoff of the usb ports because of the short. I guess I lucked out with both the board (M4) and my computer.
Mullet

Re: Micro USB connector came off M4...

Postby chschmid » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:37 pm

chschmid

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller