[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Battery alarm goes off too soon?

Battery alarm goes off too soon?

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Battery alarm goes off too soon?

Postby Mullet » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 am

It seems on my 180mm racer quad that the battery alarm is going off too soon. If I have the first alarm set for 3.5v then I shouldn't hear a beep from my buzzer until 10.5v on 3s. It seems I'm getting the alarm at 11.4v. Any idea what might be causing it to alarm earlier than it needs to?
Mullet

Re: Battery alarm goes off too soon?

Postby Mullet » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:31 pm

No one has anything to say about this?

If I have my 3s battery hooked up to ADC correctly then the first alarm should come on at 10.5v not 11.4v. Could it be voltage sag that is causing this?
Mullet

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:49 am

Hi,
what are your settings for the unmanned system?
battery settings.jpg

Check these as well!
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Mullet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:14 am

I think I had them match the voltages I was looking for. I'll have to double-check though.

I haven't worked with the craft in a few weeks. I had some bad luck with this craft and lost a motor while in flight. Since replacing the motor now I'm having weirdness with the motors getting really hot and twitching. I actually got magic smoke on the one I replaced, so now I have to replace it again. :(
Mullet

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:55 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Max » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:29 pm

Yea did you lower the attitude PIDs? I had to go way down on my 200mm with 1306 motors . With defaults they got very hot, very quickly (in seconds). That may account for your voltage issues too.

And BTW, log a flight and check the VIN values to get an idea of what is going on with onboard voltage (and everything else). We can't really tell what is going on w/out a log either. ;)

-Max
Max

Postby Mullet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:41 pm

Good ideas guys... however, I had this tuned already with Quatos. This behavior didn't start until I had that bad crash and lost the motor. It basically came unbolted while in the air. So I think it maybe be ESC related. I'll start a separate topic about motors getting hot and twitching, etc.

Back on topic... I'll try and gather some logs about the voltage and report back.
Mullet

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller