[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autonomous mission works strange

Autonomous mission works strange

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Autonomous mission works strange

Postby brat002 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi all.
Today i installed 3DR telemetry on my AQ M4+Quatos (Mennos firmware) and prepare autonomous mission in QGC.
I got strange behaviour. When first nav. point has arrived AQ still loiter and dont fly to next point.

I created mission in next steps:
Opened QGC navigation tab. Get nav.points from aq and erase it. Then double clicked on map for create some path. Then push "Set button". Then switch AQ to mission mode.

No any other settings was changed.

When I opened AQ Nav.points tab and double click on points - aq flew to they.

How to fix it? Mayby i have to configure mission additionally?
brat002

Re: Autonomous mission works strange

Postby kinderkram » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:44 pm

Hi,
set the target radius of each waypoint to >2m (just play around with 3-4m).
Especially if the GPS reception isn´t good enough the M4 might think it didn´t hit the target.
kinderkram

Postby brat002 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:05 pm

Thank you. I will try it tomorrow.
brat002

Postby brat002 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:59 pm

I increased radius to 5 meters. Then to 10 meters. AQ doesn't fly to second nav. point after reaching first nav. point :(
brat002

Postby Max » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:56 pm

It might not be detecting altitude arrival correctly. To test this theory you can start a mission and wait until AQ arrives at the horizontal position of the first WP, then slowly adjust your altitude up/down with the throttle stick -- at some point it should announce arrival (via mavlink) and continue to the next WP after your set loiter time.

Is your GPS altitude reading fairly accurate (compared to a known MSL altitude in your area)? Also make sure the throttle stick stays within the deadband thoughout the mission, otherwise you override the mission altitude and AQ will likely think it never arrived.

-Max
Max

Postby brat002 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:35 pm

Looks, like it is main problem. I tried to adjust altitude during autonomous flight. I will check your theory when weather will be better.
brat002

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller