[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Setup of M4, ladybird and Taranis 9XD plus

Setup of M4, ladybird and Taranis 9XD plus

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Setup of M4, ladybird and Taranis 9XD plus

Postby ebross67 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup the M4 r2 with the ladybird parts. I have uploaded and flashed the parameters to the M4 board, and setup the ladybird parts. I bought the Taranis with a Spectrum add-on module DM9. I'm a newb when it comes to TX and RX. I'm completely lost on how to get this setup running. Does anybody know how to setup the Taranis with DM9 module? Can somebody run me through the process to bind this to the M4 ladybird? I'm trying to have patience but this has a huge learning curve. Thanks,

Erik
ebross67

Re: Setup of M4, ladybird and Taranis 9XD plus

Postby kinderkram » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi Erik,

just power the M4 and wait ~20secs until the radio LED starts to flicker, signalling bind mode.
Then hold the bind button on the DM9 and power your radio.

If they communicate, the blink pattern of the LEDs will change until the M4 LED stays solid.
Repower both to see if they bound properly. Switch on the transmitter first.

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby ebross67 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi Norbert,

I can't get it to bind. I saw somewhere that the Taranis needs to be set to external RF, internal RF off and set to params:
PPM
CH1-8
22.5ms 300u -

Do you know if this is correct?

Also, the LED next to the receiver antenna is blinking blue, and not yellow. Do I have to do something to get it back in bind mode? Thanks,

Erik
ebross67

Postby LPR » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:22 am

I've built a number of small quads using Rx on the M4 board.

You might have missed the part that tells you that you need to connect two contacts with solder to get power to the onboard Rx. When you have power to the Rx you will see a fast flashing yellow LED and when you get it to bind the LED goes solid.

Here's a link to the info. http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/m4-microc ... o-options/

There's a tremendous amount of information so doing search in the AQ wiki will often be a big help to you.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby ebross67 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:45 am

I have a good sense on what needs to be done on the M4 side. I bridged the contact. I realized that the blue light was the GPS. The debug yellow light which I assume is the receiver bind indicator is blinking fast. The M4 and my DM9 module are not binding. I'll keep reading and keep messing around. Maybe I'll get lucky.
ebross67

Postby ebross67 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:47 am

I have tried everything. The only thing I can determine is the M4v2 is not compatible with DM9 module in a Taranis radio. Damn!
ebross67

Postby LPR » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:42 am

Erik

You may find that you are too close to the M4 with the Taranis. All you need to do is move the Taranis transmitter two or three meters away and you should find it will bind.

Be sure you have the Radio Type (RC1) set to CYRF in the Radio & controls window of the QGC

With a google search I found that the DM9 will work with the M4 but you will need to make a change in the normal setup.

viewtopic.php?p=32138

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:01 pm

Max

Postby ebross67 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:12 pm

Max and Larry,

I have tried from 2-6ft away, and nothing. I'm glad to hear the DM9 works with M4. I set the Taranis to PPM and positive after the 300u setting (I tried negative too). 1st I plug in the 1s lipo, then turn on the M4. 2nd I hold the bind button on the DM9, then turn on the Taranis. The module begins to blink for 8 seconds, then turns off. When I remove my finger from the bind button the module turns back on. The yellow debug LED is still blinking fast. Maybe the module is defective.

On a second note, how would I tell if I shorted something on the M4 board? I soldered the motor connectors, sbus, and lipo power cable. I closed the power bridge for the internal receiver. The yellow fast blinking light (debug LED) is dim. Should it be dim? I'll post a small video shortly of it powered on.

Thanks for your help,
Erik
ebross67

Postby Max » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Erik, I use an Orange DSM module (as does Larry), so not sure about the DM9 specifically. But the bind procedure sounds similar to how the Orange works. I'm not sure how to test the module w/out another DSM Rx.

To test for shorts I use continuity check mode on my DVM. Doesn't sound like that is your problem, although I'm not sure what you mean about soldering sbus connector -- you're testing with an external Rx as well? Do you have the correct Rx type configured in AQ Radio Type (RC1) setting?

-Max
Max

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller