[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Setup of M4, ladybird and Taranis 9XD plus

Setup of M4, ladybird and Taranis 9XD plus

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Setup of M4, ladybird and Taranis 9XD plus

Postby ebross67 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi Max,

In the AQ GCS I installed the LadyBird V2 config file, transmitted and wrote to M4. I checked the radio settings, and RC1 is set for the internal CYRF receiver. I'm not using an external receiver, so RC2 is set to No Radio. I even tried to switch between RC1 No Radio and RC2 CYRF, with no difference. It's hard to see in the video, but the yellow debug light is blinking rapidly.

Sorry I meant Can Bus connector, not Sbus.

Video of M4v2 - Start up test - https://youtu.be/byN1MQ4C5Zk

Erik
ebross67

Postby ebross67 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:59 am

I updated the firmware to 7.1 experimental to see if that would help, and nothing. I ordered an Orange DSM2 Module, so I will try it and see if it works. I tried putting my serial number in the Quatos Key register, and it said it had no record of my serial number.
ebross67

Postby LPR » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:21 am

Erik

You may find you need to have the Taranis further away from the M4 because you're using a using a DM9 or maybe closer the M4 if your M4's Rx radio antenna doesn't have a good connection.

The yellow LED should flash dim for the first 10 seconds and then flash brighter. When the CYRF start to bind the LED flashes dims and then the LED goes solid when completely linked.

You should not be using the CAN BUS for anything when building a brushed motor ladybird.

Larry
LPR

Postby ebross67 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:54 am

Larry,

I have tried different binding ranges (up close, 2ft, 6ft, 9ft). Nothing works. The M4v2 only blinks yellow dim very fast. It never gets bright and blinks. If you look at the youtube video I posted you will see it never changes. The M4v2 came with 4 connectors to solder for motors, and a can bus connector to solder. I soldered all connectors. I don't have anything plugged into the can bus.

Thanks

Erik
ebross67

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:55 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby ebross67 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:53 pm

Hi Bugs,

I soldered the internal radio connection. I have the latest firmware 7.1 and it will not bind. The radio works fine. I have a receiver that came with the DM9, and it binds to it with no problems. I have tried to use a u.fl antenna that came from a 2.4ghz router, and it wont work either. I read on other threads at AQ that it should work without an antenna hooked up.

My last option is to send it back to ViaCopter, for warranty work. I think it is defective or I screwed up something when I soldered connectors.

Please forgive my soldering skills - I'm just starting off. It's a lot more difficult than it looks. ;)

Thanks,

Erik
ebross67

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Attachments
CIMG1871.JPG
Antenna for onboard RX connected
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Max » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:17 pm

Mine binds w/out an antenna. I can even fly it around the office... though I don't necessarily recommend doing that. :) Joerg may be right, but strange that you don't get the bright yellow "binding blink" at AQ startup.

-Max
Max

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:35 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby ebross67 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:53 pm

Yes, it finally binded to the transmitter. It was a soldering issue on the internal receiver power pad. It looked like it bridged the gap the first time I soldered it. But after reading that the yellow light should be bright and not dim I thought there may be a problem with the soldering. I went back and removed the old solder, and re-soldered the bridge and it worked.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I appreciate the comments. Now I have to figure out how to assign channels and arm the little bugger.
ebross67

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller