[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Tuning soft frame

Tuning soft frame

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Tuning soft frame

Postby LPR » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:19 pm

Pat

If you attach a complete parameter file I can send a complete one so all you'll need to do is load the file.

The kind of control you are getting is uncommon so I should have a look at the complete file.

Larry
LPR

Postby Patnet » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:22 pm

Thanks Larry, attached.

revised_params_112515.txt
(14.83 KiB) Downloaded 828 times
Patnet

Postby Max » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:35 pm

Max

Postby Max » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:43 pm

Max

Postby Patnet » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:25 am

Attachments
2016-02-24 14.55.56.jpg
Patnet

Postby Max » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:06 am

I dunno, can't tell which way is forward in the closeup... :) -135 would be yellow LED forward, and flip = 1 would be GPS chip up. So if forward in your picture is to the right, then yes, I think that looks correct. Can't tell you how many times I've messed up the rotation/flip/motor order, so I always recheck that whenever something doesn't seem right.

-Max
Max

Postby Patnet » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:28 am

Patnet

Postby Patnet » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:08 pm

Attachments
022516_ecalc.jpg
022516_ecalc.jpg (52 KiB) Viewed 14306 times
022516_-AQL_Motors.jpg
022516_-AQL_Motors.jpg (48.37 KiB) Viewed 14306 times
022516_-AQL_IMU.jpg
022516_-AQL_IMU.jpg (57.98 KiB) Viewed 14306 times
Patnet

Postby Max » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:37 pm

Hi Pat,

So, what has happened since this post: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4687&start=20#p35251 ? You had no motor clipping there (though their range is still pretty wide).

I'm not sure, but from what you posted it looks like "classic" vibration issue where the PID controller is basically amplifying the gyro output. I would try to tune the attitude PIDs to where you get the best control response but with as narrow motor output range as possible, as far from clipping as you can get. Until then, it'll be a "nervous" flyer at best. Reducing Tilt Angle D is the quickest approach, but it will reduce control authority and as you've found, if you reduce it too much you'll loose all control entirely. After you find a happy medium there, the other rates (esp. Tilt Angle D) can sometimes be increased to give you back some control response.

I could also build you a special firmware which reduces the sampling rate of the Gyro sensor... a few people have had good luck with it on difficult frames (including myself). Theoretically the same result can be achieved by tuning the attitude PIDs, and I'd recommend that approach vs. a custom firmware. Putting the PIDs on Tx knobs (with my beta firmware) would be the first thing I'd try since it makes PID tuning almost fun :)

HTH,
-Max
Max

Postby Patnet » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:52 pm

Patnet

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller