[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Tuning soft frame

Tuning soft frame

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Tuning soft frame

Postby LPR » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:33 pm

Pat

Sounds like you have a good start with tuning your quad.

Larry
LPR

Postby Patnet » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:53 pm

Just an update: Gone to 4S from 3S (good idea) and the bulk of the vibrations are now down below 4. Successful missions; and am now getting 23 minutes of mixed flight with the replacement 10C 10 Ah battery. With the 3S 3.3 Ah battery I was getting about 3-6 minutes. I was able to calculate the replacement battery weight options/flight time using ecalc.

Thanks for everyone's help!
Patnet

Postby LPR » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:59 pm

Pat

Great to hear you have a nice flying quad. Be sure to land carefully with the big 4S, 10AH lipo and your soft frame.

Larry
LPR

Postby Patnet » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi all, just doing some more tuning. Any ideas on how to correct yaw on non-mission Return to Home? The AQ doesn't point forward in a simple RTH. Yaw is fine in PH, missions and manual. Thanks,
Patnet

Postby LPR » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:01 pm

LPR

Postby Patnet » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Thanks, Larry will try that.
Patnet

Postby Patnet » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:40 pm

Discovered my RTH Yaw is determined by the nose bearing at time of Home position setting.
Patnet

Postby Patnet » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:49 pm

Hi all, I'm still running into problems with this. I'm now having arbitrary crashes in PH flying around or when transitioning to PH. Happens both when I'm running aluminum arms with larger motors and props, or the usual nylon arms with the existing 920kv motors and 9443 props.

Vibes seem about the same at mainly below 4.

In wind, the quad is just not handling it. Most recent crash, tried to yaw and the quad was unresponsive. It had been yawing fine. It then flipped and landed on its back. Like it had gone over some kind of maximum tilt and gave up.

I have logs on the two crashes. Would anyone like to see them? If so, which ones? Mag looks a bit weird on the last one.

Thanks.
Patnet

Postby LPR » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:32 pm

Pat

Post all your parameters and the ESC you're using for the aluminum frame along with the motors, props and battery.

A good photo will help also.

I'll then give you my best guess in a complete parameters list.

I now have a quad that is similar in size to yours. It's flying with PID control and has a good stiff frame so I'll have to guess for the parameters needed for a more flexible frame.

Larry
LPR

Postby Patnet » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:52 pm

2016-02-24 09.14.45-1.jpg

Hi Larry, thanks. The plastic arms are on right now, so that's the image. But I've staged the aluminum arms with 530kv motors and props for comparison. I've had the same kind of overwhelmed crash with both setups.

ESCs are Afro 30 Amps with no BECs. I'm still on PIDs rather than Quatos, as multiple forum members have suggested moving to, because I've gone over the 1kg weight limit. I'm double that.

Not much difference in vibrations between aluminum and plastic. Plastic may even be better. The 920kv motors (depicted) clip with that depicted smaller setup, but don't with the bigger 530kvs.

here are the PIDs. Same for both setups,

CTRL_DBAND_THRO 125
CTRL_DEAD_BAND 40
CTRL_FACT_PITC 0.0500000007451
CTRL_FACT_ROLL 0.0500000007451
CTRL_FACT_THRO 0.5
CTRL_MAN_YAW_RT 90
CTRL_MAX 1446
CTRL_MIN_THROT 20
CTRL_NAV_YAW_RT 120
CTRL_PID_TYPE 0
CTRL_TLT_ANG_D 5500