M4v2 + N4 on Blackout Super Mini H PID tuning help

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: M4v2 + N4 on Blackout Super Mini H PID tuning help

Postby axi » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:22 pm

ross_badger wrote:Thanks for the help. I've ordered this 25mm patch antenna with dual stage LNA for $22 at Digi-Key:

AGGBP.25B.07.0060A
25x25mm Two Stage GPS-Galileo-Glonass-BeiDou Embedded Active Patch Antenna Module with Front-End SAW Filter

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0/931-1406-ND

In the mean time, I'm going to play around with the location of my vTx (200mW power) and cloverleaf antenna....get them down and away from the GPS antenna as far as possible.

Also, what is your opinion on using magnetic field shielding as a GPS groundplane?

ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 24 19.05.jpg

Magnetic fields are not an issue with a GNSS antenna, that would be the case if you were using a compass, even in that case, it would be a bad idea, it would cause more troubles than benefits because it could disturb the earths magnetic field more than other conductive materials. A PCB board painted with permanent marker to match the craft style is my easy choice. I recommend you a GPS+GLONASS for faster fixes, not only GPS antenna.
axi

Previous

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller