[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4v2 + N4 on Blackout Super Mini H PID tuning help

M4v2 + N4 on Blackout Super Mini H PID tuning help

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

M4v2 + N4 on Blackout Super Mini H PID tuning help

Postby ross_badger » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:00 pm

Folks - I just finished the build and maiden flight of my Blackout Mini H with 260mm motor distance, and now I need to tune the M4 for this size frame. I know that the stock M4v2 config is for a small ladybird type of frame, so I realize that the erratic flight is due to the PID config not being right. The motors buzz up and down and become hot, so I know that I need to turn down the tuning somewhat.

Does anyone have a config that I could at least start with for this 260mm frame?

I'm starting with:
M4v2 & N4 boards
KISS 18A ESCs
Multistar Elite 2204-2300KV motors
GemFan 5045 ABS props (moving to 6" later)
Taoglas GPS 10mm ceramic patch antenna
Glacier 3S 45C 1400 mAh batteries (moving to 4S later)
FrSky Taranis Plus Tx & D4R-II Rx

Thanks in advance........Ross

8-22-2015_params.txt
(14.83 KiB) Downloaded 733 times

IMG_7341.JPG

IMG_7342.JPG

IMG_7343.JPG
ross_badger

Re: M4v2 + N4 on Blackout Super Mini H PID tuning help

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:44 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby ross_badger » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:59 pm

Thanks for the help.....I used these PID values and my Mini H is flying nicely in manual mode. The motors don't get smokin' hot like they did with the default values!

Now if I can just get a GPS lock......

Ross
ross_badger

Postby axi » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:32 pm

What antenna are you using? Do you have any cable extensions with it?
The most probable cause for the troubles is a cheap GNSS antenna without a proper frecuency filtering being affected by the close video transmitter output.
You can debug the issue downloading u-center software and connecting it at 1200 baud rate to the M4,and enable debug msgs on that sw. Try to see how it works with usb cable only attached, and then you can power all on to see if you have some kind of interference from vTX or other places, but I bet for the vTX. Also you can try if you have losses with cable extensions.
axi

Postby JussiH » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:32 am

The 10 and 12 mm GPS antennas can be hard to get a good fix with I would recommend getting a 25 or 35mm antenna instead.
JussiH

Postby ross_badger » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:28 am

ross_badger

Postby kinderkram » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:17 pm

... and use a GPS wire that fits. ;)
Using plugs to extend the wire will cause more losses.
kinderkram

Postby axi » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:46 pm

axi

Postby ross_badger » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:07 am

Thanks for the help. I've ordered this 25mm patch antenna with dual stage LNA for $22 at Digi-Key:

AGGBP.25B.07.0060A
25x25mm Two Stage GPS-Galileo-Glonass-BeiDou Embedded Active Patch Antenna Module with Front-End SAW Filter

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0/931-1406-ND

In the mean time, I'm going to play around with the location of my vTx (200mW power) and cloverleaf antenna....get them down and away from the GPS antenna as far as possible.

Also, what is your opinion on using magnetic field shielding as a GPS groundplane?

ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 24 19.05.jpg
Last edited by ross_badger on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ross_badger

Postby Crizz » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:53 am

most times, the main problem is caused by plugging and unplugging the antenna wire to the bord. The inner contact of the plug spreads and did not get proper connect. You can use a needle to carefully get it back together a little t asure proper contact. On my Ladybird, i actually only have a dipole-antenna for GPS and have 3d-lock within 60 seconds.

On plug / unplug antenna-wire, it´s recommended to care for straight pushing / pulling and avoid from tilting even on very small angle. The contacts are very filigree

Further you should add a shield on top of CPU to reduce radiation generated from cpu-clock.
Crizz

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller