[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Throttle issues in maiden flight on 400 frame

Throttle issues in maiden flight on 400 frame

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Throttle issues in maiden flight on 400 frame

Postby axi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:22 pm

Wow, just made some test today, the bad behavior has been agravated a bit, the quad is accelerating by itselft in manual mode, sometimes with yaw movement, scary. I tried to change PID params, but nothing seems to affect...

¿What this can be? It's the first time I've seen anything like this.
Attachments
015-AQL.zip
(652.24 KiB) Downloaded 714 times
axi

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:06 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby axi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:23 pm

Crap, my fault!
Yep they are soft, maybe ACC_Z isn't happy?
Attachments
016-AQL.zip
(3.74 MiB) Downloaded 713 times
axi

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:20 pm

Attachments
vibs.jpg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby axi » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi aBug,
sorry for the late response, after a lot of testing I could mitigate the vibrations effects lowering I and D values, but the effect was definitively there, with more weight it was more noticeable and slight changes of CoG also affects the issue. I'm giving up with this frame/FC combination, it's not worth it the soft orange bobbins are a problem for Autoquad. This was my first build when I started FPVing, it was collecting dust... I tried to recycle it, but it seems like a bad combo. With other FCs the frame works very well, I wonder what is the difference here.

This is the GNSS antenna I'm using http://www.tallysman.com/wp-content/upl ... _Rev21.pdf
I had two from another project hanging around, it should be better to use a GLONASS compatible one with wider bw +1600Mhz. Since I'm not receiving any other signals than GLONASS ( the lower bands ) and GPS. I'm using a 100mm diameter round pcb as a ground plane, cutted with scissors. I removed the magnet and soldered the can shielding of the antenna to the PCB ground plane.
I just followed the minimum required ground plane size for not detune antenna too much, the manufacturer of this antenna recommends 1/2 wavelenght.
I never tested MAXTENA helical GPS/GLONASS antennas, but they don't require ground plane like patch antennas, it's interesting area to dig about.
axi

Previous

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller