[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - No parameters loaded

No parameters loaded

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

No parameters loaded

Postby Patnet » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:00 pm

I'm getting an error in Ground Control when I try to connect to the M4V2. I'm connecting to the serial port and the settings show I'm connected. "Link serial port COM23 connected." However, GCC says "No parameters loaded, please connect to an Autoquad, and I'm not connected. I get beeps when I pull the USB cable and have added a 1S battery.

The board is configured with fw but I don't have any motors connected. The fw is for external motors. I want to change it to internal. Any ideas? Do I need to connect the motors before proceeding? Thanks.
Patnet

Re: No parameters loaded

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:37 pm

No, you don´t need to connect anything except the USB and a lipo.
Does the COM port appear and disappear from your device manager when you plug/unplug the USB?
Do you use the correct baud rate?

Would be good to know which OS you use (Win, Mac...) and which versions of the fw and QGC. ;)
kinderkram

Postby Patnet » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:45 pm

Hi Kinderkram, thanks. I'm using Windows with fw bin 7.0...8.6 . It used to connect okay to the AQ, not just the com port as it does now.

The Com port disconnects when I unplug the USB and connects again when I plug it in. It's fine in Windows Device Manager I'm thinking the board is damaged. I was running external motors and broke one of the two the female headers on the M4V2. I was just going to build a nano with the Crazy Flie mounts I have while I waited for Jussi to send me a new M4V2 board for my external-motor quad. But I think this M4V2 is bad now, not just broken headers.

Thanks for your help though.
Patnet

Postby kinderkram » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:45 am

Did you try to flash a new firmware or the same again?
If it connects but doesn´t transmit data this could be corrupted firmware to some degree.

If you have shorted something while breaking the pads the board could be bricked.
But I´d give it a last try by flashing it.
kinderkram

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:45 am

Try to Change a Parameter and write this to Flash. reboot and see if the Flash Contents was changes accordingly.
If this works you will be able to Flash a new Firmware (since the Bootloader is in ROM --> even if your FW is corrupted you can Flash a new one).

Make sure the board is in bootmode --> when you connect it to Win it should mention this (only red LED is on; all mothers off).
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Patnet » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Hmm, I would have thought it would brick too--with no lights. When I connect a 1S and press the on-switch I just get a solid red. No start-up occurs. If I connect to the PC via USB I get the second red LED. Same when I press the boot button and connect via USB.

If I try to write a change to the AQ I get error: "No Autoquad Connected", yet the "link serial port is connected" in the Communication Console.
Patnet

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:08 pm

When powered via LiPo (1S) you need to push the switch to boot the board (http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/m4-microc ... onitoring/)

Second red LED is indicating charging (http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/m4-microc ... functions/)

Check the serial ports in your device manager; is the device there (http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/m4-microc ... ion-setup/)

--> if it does not show up --> MCU on the M4 damaged; no need to bother with that anymore!
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Patnet » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:12 pm

Patnet

Postby Max » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:43 pm

Firwmare is not fully booting for some reason. Reflashing probably won't help. Check the board carefully for shorts or other damages (lifted pins/traces, etc).

-Max
Max

Postby Patnet » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:07 pm

Thanks. Would you mind taking a quick look for anything obvious that I'm missing? The only thing I see is the broken J2 with failed pads. The residue is cleaning alcohol and glue.

2015-07-24 10.01.50.jpg

2015-07-24 09.58.20.jpg
Patnet

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller