[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad M4v1 and DSMX

Autoquad M4v1 and DSMX

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Autoquad M4v1 and DSMX

Postby and.is » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:02 pm

I am using a quadrotor setup with Autoquad M4v1 (r5) using the integrated Deltang receiver and a Spektrum DX9 remote. However, newer versions of the DX9 firmware no longer support DSM2, but only DSMX. The Deltang website tells it is possible to update Deltang receivers to support DSMX - is this also possible for the Deltang chip onboard the Autoquad M4?
and.is

Re: Autoquad M4v1 and DSMX

Postby and.is » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:02 am

Anybody?
I was hoping someone with access to the schematics could tell me if the programming pins of the CYRF69103 Deltang receiver are wired in a way that supports firmware updates...
and.is

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:34 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby and.is » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:42 pm

DavidT at Deltang told me that he can update their receivers to support DSMX, but that I have to ask you if the integrated chip can be updated. If the wiring theoretically allows updating, I'd ask him if he can give me an update file or tell me how to perform the update, but if the pins are not connected, it'd be no use trying.
and.is

Postby Kisssys » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:55 pm

The Deltang looked like a quick way to provide a DSM2 receiver and it used less processor resources. It unfortunately had low voltage problems. Any time spent reflashing it would not be well spent.

Cheers
Steve
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:30 pm

I wouldn´t waste much time on the Deltang either, especially since the M4 is a beta and not many of them out there.
Maybe I`m wrong but I remember the Deltangs were not upgradable once on the board.

I`d go for an external DSMX receiver like Joerg mentioned. Doesn´t cost an arm&leg and gives instant success...
kinderkram

Postby and.is » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:28 pm

Thanks for your opinions. Actually, there are two main reasons why I'm asking: On the one hand, it's not just one - we have 10 of the beta boards... Additionally, we are thinking about attaching another device to the Autoquad through a serial connection (while keeping the USB and the telemetry pins free), and the external receiver pin looks like a pin that is easily accessible and supports UART.
and.is

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:53 pm

Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby and.is » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:58 pm

Joerg, we are using your expansion board (viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3857) with external ESC, so UART6 is no real option.
and.is

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:00 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller