[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 Won't Boot

M4 Won't Boot

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

M4 Won't Boot

Postby pilotnbr1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:06 pm

After a hard bounce/crash that resulted in the M4 coming into contact with some damp grass I am only getting a solid red light on boot.I don't think any significant moisture got on the board but its remotely possible something got a wet. After the crash motor m1 would turn on full power immediately upon battery being plugged in. M1 was going to full power prior to the power button being pressed and prior to any leds being lit! :shock:

I made sure the board was dry with a hair dryer as a precaution.

I then unplugged M1 and have tried to boot several ways without success. The motor does not try to go full power now when the battery is connected so I guess thats a step in the right direction.

I have tried-
-several different lipos and booting into bootloader and normally
-booting both ways with micro usb and lipo and combinations
-since I could get into bootloader I reflashed the board
-just left the board plugged into a battery for 10 minutes trying to boot

I just get a solid red led and QGC will connect but no boot info displayed.

I also considered that the boot loader button was stuck but that doesnt seem to be the case as I can only flash firmware by holding it and power on (so both buttons seem to work as they should).

I looked at the board under magnification and can see no damage or loose connections...

Any ideas or ways to troubleshoot?

Luke
pilotnbr1

Re: M4 Won't Boot

Postby Max » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:02 am

Sorry to hear that :( It wouldn't take much moisture to short out a motor pad to ground... a tiny piece of wet grass, a hair, or simply enough loose water, could do it. The + side of the motors is already connected directly to the battery + pad.

I'd make sure the board is *completely* try, blow it off with some dry compressed air and/or light electronics cleaner, and try again. Hopefully it will come back to life.

-Max
Max

Postby pilotnbr1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:55 pm

So after letting it sit for a week it was booting but very very slowly. Over time the time to boot became normal. Then I crashed it pretty hard again. Initially it wouldnt boot again, then it would boot but the gyros seemed messed up. I let it sit a few days now its normal again. Very strange but its flying for now...
pilotnbr1

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:10 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Max » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:29 pm

Or some of those silicone moisture absorbing packets...

-Max
Max

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller