Mavlink + Airmon Connex HD unit

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Mavlink + Airmon Connex HD unit

Postby axi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi,
I'm new to autoquad, and I'm going to purchase and HD vtx/rx unit which is compatible throught mavlink to show OSD with:
3DR Pixhawk
3DR APM
3DR ArduPilot

I suppouse M4 with autoquad have differences with those systems that can make the OSD incompatible.
Maybe field names, order or whatever. Any thoughts?
axi

Re: Mavlink + Airmon Connex HD unit

Postby Max » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:21 pm

Hi Axi,

Most of the Mavlink data AQ sends is in the standard format, so it really should be mostly compatible. However if the OSD code is written specifically for APM/Pixhawk, then it might be expecting things AQ does not send, or sends via different means (message types). It's hard to tell exactly w/out knowing what the OSD code does. If the code is open sourced, it should be fairly trivial to modify for any small differences. I'm guessing most of the data would work as-is, but that's just a guess.

HTH,
-Max
Max

Re: Mavlink + Airmon Connex HD unit

Postby axi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Hello Max,
thanks for your reply. That's good info.
I was expecting something like that, I don't want to modify the code just to fit it.
Maybe some collaboration between projects would be beneficiary for both sides. I heard that Amimon guys were very open to improve their product.
axi

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller