[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Radio fail starts mission

Radio fail starts mission

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Radio fail starts mission

Postby Patnet » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Patnet

Postby Crizz » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:58 am

I have a complete different problem. Like in the wiki, radio quality should go to zero when transmitter is switched "off" to engage Failsafe-Action. But, i get always 100% radio quality, no matter what i try.
My receiver supports own F/S (set outputs to stick positions safed on power-on while binding as F/S-commands to output) or Hold/transmitter-F/S. In both modes, radio quality stays up w/o any changes.

Is there any other way to solve this ? I cannot disable F/S at Rx-side completely (Simprop Gigascan 5).

Could this cause trouble when flying mission and getting lost of transmittr signal and Rx is going to F/S-outputsignals ?
Crizz

Postby kinderkram » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:37 am

You need to disable the receivers internal failsafe. Otherwise it will send valid signals so the AQ doesn´t know the signal is lost.

If you can´t disable it, the first f/s option with RTH/PH engaged would be the only way the receiver can trigger RTH or PH.
Test and adjust it carefully!
kinderkram

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:41 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Crizz » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:25 pm

That´s what i did as only interesting alternative at the moment - with the difference that i choosed PosHold instead of RTH, because i guess it could get critical if automatic RTH starts because of F/S and obstacles between HomePoint and actual position, because copter will keep his altitude.

I checked that it would work, all commands are shown proper in GCS and even retracts work like programmed on the Rx-F/S-state

Did i get that right that normally a lost signal (Radio Q. = 0%) during mission flight would be ignored and mission would be completed normally, and only in manual or P.H. mode the F/-stages would operate ? If so, its definitely time to say goodbye to my Futaba T10, too many disadvantages on FASST system.
Crizz

Postby kinderkram » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:06 pm

When you´re on a mission the f/s procedure, Joerg described will abort the mission bc it will switch to PH or whatever is programmed in the radio.
AQ´s own f/s would first complete the mission and then perform the f/s functions.
kinderkram

Postby Crizz » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:18 pm

thats what i mean. Now it´s about to figure which radio does support "no F/S" on Tx and Rx so AQ can work with its own F/S-function and which dont.
Crizz

Postby kinderkram » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:08 pm

You might want to take a look at the FrSky Taranis 9D+
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... de_2_.html

Unbeatable price for such a feature rich radio.
kinderkram

Postby Crizz » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:47 pm

I already thought about Taranis, but as x9E. Normally i would be waiting for the "Horus", but i´m in doubt if really will come, too much time left with pre-announcements and stuff.

At next, i have to check about the available receivers. Need 3 PWM-ports for GImbal and restracts, dont know if they have combined receivers, otherwise i use my own ppm decoder, shouldnt be the problem with the Taranis and normal PPM receiver.

Will reconsider
Crizz

Postby Max » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:36 pm

On most other FrSky Rxs you can disable failsafe entirely by pushing the Rx button once (quick push and release). Do this with Tx on. Check the docs on your Rx to be sure.

-Max
Max

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller