[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Radio fail starts mission

Radio fail starts mission

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Radio fail starts mission

Postby Patnet » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:53 pm

I'm having a peculiar action. I set PH and the Android app confirms it verbally. I then cut the radio, the AQ4 performs Stage 1 hold. At stage 2 the app says it's navigating to the first way point and then moves away from PH, which should be Home, right?

I have the Aq set to failsafe hold then rth and then land. Any ideas?
Patnet

Re: Radio fail starts mission

Postby Max » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:09 pm

If you don't set home position specifically before engaging PH, then wherever you first engage PH becomes "home." And yes the failsafe mission should be directing it within 2m (IIRC) of home position. Does it stop fairly soon, or just keep going? Also what is your GPS HAcc during all this?

-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:19 pm

In fact the failsafe event triggers a short mission: from the actual coordinate to the home point and the landing.

How did you test it? Bench or real life?
kinderkram

Postby Patnet » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:24 pm

I don't give it time to escape. I pounce on it. GPS is 3D. Wondering if this was a known issue or anomaly?
Patnet

Postby Patnet » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:19 pm

Patnet

Postby LPR » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:21 pm

The first thing that you need to have is a good 3D GPS lock. The only way to be sure the GPS has a good lock is to test and see how well it flies in altitude position hold. If your multicopter hovers well in one place then try RTH by setting home then fly the multi a few meters away and use the return to home switch. If that works well you can try return to home with progressively longer distances.

Failsafe will work when flying in manual and or altitude position hold flight mode. Switch off the Tx and the multi will hold it's position for 20 seconds and then move to the last position that you set home.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby Patnet » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:32 pm

I have just one three position switch, so I'm using it for Normal, AH and Mission. RTH I intend to acomplish by switching the radio off. However when I do switch to Mission in the PC version of the software there's no verbal indication like there is with AH. Is that correct?
Patnet

Postby LPR » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:16 am

I don't remember a response when switching to mission except for the waypoints being announced.
You can use one switch to set home and another for return to home.

Larry
LPR

Postby Patnet » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:50 am

Larry, I would really like to set one switch as return to Home. I don't see how though. I have Flight Mode on Ch 6 with manual/hold ap/mission/ I have one unused channel (ch 5). How would I make the three position Home Action return/normal/set home to normal/return, or nornal/return? It's a three position radio value. I only have available two position switches and one spare channel.

Thanks for everyone's help. My bird is flying nice and stable right now. Most problems I'm encountering are poor piloting.
Patnet

Postby LPR » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:21 am

Depending on which Tx you have it's usually quite easy to mix two switches to one channel. Look for a youtube video, a manual or this forum for help.

Larry
LPR

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller