[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4: Motor trouble when it comes to GPS Fix

M4: Motor trouble when it comes to GPS Fix

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

M4: Motor trouble when it comes to GPS Fix

Postby fseider » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi,

i have trouble with my quad 250 size.
I have the problem that it makes little short twitches in PH mode again and again. This means that the motors turn up briefly and then everything is back to normal.
I have found out that it only happens when it get an GPS fix. This can be seen on the log

0-14000: GPS covered with carbon, Manual Mode -> No interference
14000-23000: GPS coveredwith carbon, PH Mode -> No interference, high peak at 22000 is the landing
22000-45000: Waiting for GPS fix, at 45000 blue lamp is on
45000-52000: GPS Fix, Manual Mode -> slight disturbances
52000-60000: GPS fix, PH Mode -> clearly noticeable disturbances
60000- 70000: GPS Fix, Manual Mode -> clearly noticeable disturbances

Here the Thread in the German FPV-Forum with the original File. (005-AQL.LOG.zip)

M4v2; aqv7.0.r442.b1848-hwv8.6-ext_esc; N4 Exp. Board (without BT); KISS 12A; Motor: X1608 2300KV;

Any Ideas?

Regard Frank
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-16 um 19.46.48.png
Last edited by fseider on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fseider

Re: M4 Trouble when GPS Fix

Postby fseider » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:12 pm

it would really important when someone could help me, because I do not have trust in this system...
fseider

Re: M4: Motor trouble when it comes to GPS Fix

Postby bluuu » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:21 pm

post hAcc and vAcc graph
bluuu

Postby fseider » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:37 pm

Here it is:

In the first Picture I've cut the peak.
The second is the original.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-17 um 19.57.47.png
Without peak
Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-17 um 19.36.51.png
Original
fseider

Postby JussiH » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:19 pm

The nature of the UKF means that if you take off without a good heading estimation and no GPS lock, the system will make this behavior as the GPS corrects the heading estimate and the gyro bias. Its perfectly normal, and usually it will go away after a short while (once the UKF has converged on the correct heading), or you can land for a second and take off again.

The solution is to properly calibrate the Magnetometer and wait for a GPS fix before take off.
JussiH

Postby fseider » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:40 pm

I do not think this is the solution. Generel I start with a GPS fix and the engines twitch from the beginning. The compass is calibrated!
fseider

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:57 am

Hi Frank,

is this reproducible with another expansion board (M4-BLDC i.e.)?
Can you post a picture from the setup, showing what's next to the GPS antenna uFL connector?

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby JussiH » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Post the log files and params here, pls. I am not a member at FPV-Community.

A video with corresponding logfile showing the phenomenon would be very helpful.

Take a look at your heading estimation before takeoff - is it correct?

I read on the other site that you are powersupplying via 5V. You should not do that, the N4 expander supplies 4V directly onto Vcom+ via the expansion headers. If you have the 5V hooked to Vbus+, then you would have charge circuit coming on to try and charge the battery.
JussiH

Postby fseider » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi, the job is done, and now the hobby ;-)
@Jörg: This problem is reproducible with any other Expansion Board. I've build the copter for the first time with your Exp. Board and an external BEC (I use 4s). Than I change the boards, because with the N4 no external BEC is necessary.

@Jussi: I power the M4 only with the N4 Board. The 5V only connected to the S-Bus Inverter. From the S-Bus Inveter are only the PWM and the mass cable connected to the M4.

To take a Video from the disturbances is al little bit difficult, because most of the motor paeks are small. You better can here it. Sometimes there are big peaks, but it takes time...

So here the Parameter file. But how can I attech the log files? Everytime I want to upload the file, nothing happens. Is it because the file size? The Log with GPS (zip) is 7,1 MB and the log without GPS 6,1 MB.
Attachments
PARAMS.txt
Parameter
(14.47 KiB) Downloaded 734 times
fseider

Postby fseider » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:23 pm

The maximum File Size is 256K. How should I attached the files?
fseider

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller