[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - cheap m4v2 transmitter advice

cheap m4v2 transmitter advice

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

cheap m4v2 transmitter advice

Postby jamesbass » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:55 pm

Hi, I have just ordered two m4v2 boards from flyduino and am looking forward to building out my first autonomous quad with the ladybird reference build. I see that the Blade MLP4DSM transmitter is incompatible with the m4v2 radio. The only options I've seen for 6 channel Spektrum compatible ds2 transmitters are the Spektrum models which are very pricey and overboard for my application and the HobbyKing Orange transmitter http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... de_2_.html

I would like to avoid the long shipping times and cost of HobbyKing but I don't see anywhere else to buy it or an alternative radio that is compatible with the MLP4DSM. Are there any transmitters in the $60 range that are verified compatible with the m4v2 radio? Any of these perhaps? What would I lose by using a 4 or 5 channel transmitter?

http://hobbyflip.com/p/18/httpwwwhobbyf ... ransmitter
http://hobbyflip.com/p/53/httpwwwhobbyf ... er-h107-16
http://www.getfpv.com/radios/dx5e-dsmx- ... ode-2.html
http://www.getfpv.com/radios/dx5e-dsmx- ... ode-2.html

It seems like frSky is the choice for my FPV friends. Is there any reason to buy an external receiver for that? Thank you for advice!
jamesbass

Re: cheap m4v2 transmitter advice

Postby wangyeee » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:29 am

I prefer Devo 7E which I'm using right now. You can replace the stock firmware with Deviation, . Then it will support DSMX/DSM2 which can be used with M4 internal receiver. Actually you can buy Devo7E and ladybird combo if you are interested in building a micro quad with M4.
wangyeee

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:45 am

Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Mullet » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:21 pm

I was going to go for one of the cheaper options and ended up buying a used Spektrum DX7s on rcgroups. I bought mine for $130 shipped. It would have been nice to go with a used DX8, but I couldn't spring $200+. I'm glad I bought the DX7s because now I won't have to buy another one until I eventually build a larger quad with a camera, gimble, and other goodies.
Mullet

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller