[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Thoughts on Ladybird stock frame...

Thoughts on Ladybird stock frame...

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Thoughts on Ladybird stock frame...

Postby Mullet » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:40 am

After breaking 4 frames in the span of 2-3 weeks I'm done. The frame just isn't that robust or not enough for the kind of beating I'm giving them. I have two quads using the frames -- an M4 based LB and a standard LadyBird v2. I do fly them both a lot. So now I'm on the hunt for something more robust that can use the LadyBird motors. I'm thinking of going with this...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:166786

or this...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:296143

Then having a company like Shapeways print a few out for me.

Any other ideas?
Mullet

Re: Thoughts on Ladybird stock frame...

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:59 am

Hi Mullet,

have you seen this already? viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4272
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Mullet » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:41 am

Yup I've seen the thread. I thought about going with one of his frames, but I'm not so keen on having to tape the flight controller to the frame. Alternatively, I didn't want to risk drilling 4 holes into the frame then breaking it. I'm thinking for $10-12 plus shipping it might be worth experimenting with those 3D printed designs.
Mullet

Postby bluuu » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:04 am

bluuu

Postby Kisssys » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:31 pm

I have flown the M4 on these frames. Maybe it will give you and idea what you want. The frame's with the Hubsan protection ring are very durable.
Attachments
IMG_1619s.jpg
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:55 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby bluuu » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:56 pm

Steve, nice collection ! :) I must show it my wife ... she think I have too much crafts :lol:
bluuu

Postby Max » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:13 pm

Holy copter collection, Batman! I guess we can tell which ones you actually liked. Obviously not the "reject" pile in the top corner... :lol:

Mullet, you're breaking the central frame piece, or the arms, or...? The Infra-X frame kit is almost like the LB but a little tougher and bigger. Actually has a couple pieces which may be used, and some useful hardware as well. eg. http://www.amazon.com/Walkera-Main-Fram ... B00DPK1JCU

Or maybe you could reinforce one of the LB frames with a thin sheet of something... piece of clear plastic packaging, 1/64" plywood, or something like that. I'm a bit surprised that the frame would be first thing to break.

-Max
Max

Postby Mullet » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:43 pm

Wow... I concur that is quite the collection. Reminds me of my other hobby... building amps / dacs and owning 6+ headphones at any given time. The wife says, "so you got another pair of headphones... what does this headphone do that the other one doesn't?"

I'm initially cracking the frame above where the battery goes in. This area is weakened, which then leads to cracking in the joints where the arms are attached. The Walkera InfraX frame that you are suggesting looks like an interesting option. I fear it's still not going to be as resilient as 3D printed ABS plastic though. I ended up pulling the trigger on both of those frames that I posted earlier. I'll post pictures and report my results.
Mullet

Postby Kisssys » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:05 am

Max,

No, those are OK, just too heavy to add a camera or fpv or I needed the motors. The X8 is in that pile. I've thrown away quite a few.

Adam,

Glad to help, my wife mentions it quite often, I try to hide them otherwise it costs me dearly.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller