[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 arming, but motors don't spin

M4 arming, but motors don't spin

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

M4 arming, but motors don't spin

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi,

my M4 with BLDC Hexa is now ready for take off, or should I say almost ready for take off.
I have performed the Air frame gemoetry measurements and calculated the parameters,
I performed the Thrust measurment for my motor, prop combination and entered the A1, A2 and DEFAULT_MOT_VALUE_SCAL with 950.
Arming is working perfectly the LED is showing armed and the QGC confirms as well, but my motors wont spin.
I see in QGC that my throttle is working and correct.
What have I been missing, which hinders the spinning of the motors?
Where should I look?
Best regards,
DUKE40

SOLVED: M4 arming, but motors don't spin

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Fro some reason the values for Arm PWM, Min PWM, Max PWM and Starting PWM were 0, this cannot work.
After I entered the values I measured during the thrust measurement (Min 1050, starting 1150, max 1950 and arm 975) the motors now spin after arming and pushing the throttle.
Maiden is only a matter of days.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Re: M4 arming, but motors don't spin

Postby Patnet » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:28 pm

I too have the same issue. I'm able to arm the M4v2 OK but can't run the BLDC motors via Kisssys Ext. 1.0. I get a kind of heartbeat beep from the ESCs or motors. I'm assuming that the Motor/Esc settings in GQC need to be changed? I've tried DUKE40's arming settings, and get a bit more action--the motors make a little noise.

Does anyone know how to approach this issue? Please can you advise? Thanks.
Patnet

Postby Patnet » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:22 am

Patnet

Re: SOLVED: M4 arming, but motors don't spin

Postby axelnied » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:28 pm

axelnied

Postby Max » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:06 pm

Zero for those values is the default on AQ M4. The zeros only work with the onboard brushed ESCs. For a BL setup, the values you posted are the correct defaults. http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/configuri ... -explained

-Max
Max

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller