[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Ver1rev5-b1848-nonQuatos - setup

Ver1rev5-b1848-nonQuatos - setup

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Ver1rev5-b1848-nonQuatos - setup

Postby Mattpgreen » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:36 am

Hi can someone please help...

I am yet to get a flying M4... today's attempt sees the quad immediately frantically power up and flip on arming ie before any throttle applied... continuing to try to drill through the floor - all motors run strongly until the quad is turned off.

I built a M4rev5 board with b1848-nonQuatos firmware.
I built it equivalent to Ladybird ref build - Flip 1 (roll x), -135 deg config - this shows up ok on primary flight display
Mixing - Pos A to Port 3; B to 4; C to 2 and D to 1 (these were the closest cabling locations - see pic below)

Radio controls seem ok when tested in the GCS.

After several weeks and a problematic V2 board - I tried today to build a V1 board and just try PIDs to not have to determine specifics for frame and motors.

BUT - another non-flying M4 device - PLEASE HELP

150203-V1build.jpg
Mattpgreen

Re: Ver1rev5-b1848-nonQuatos - setup

Postby Teletubbie » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:48 am

Maybe this helps, but uses standard parms:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3881
Teletubbie

Postby meanwhile » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Are you shure that your motorwiring is OK?
I have the same orientation of the board but other connections for the motors. And mine ist flying very good.
My config:
FL-> M1
FR-> M2
BL-> M3
BR-> M4
With M1 is nearest to the expansionport
meanwhile

Postby LPR » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Matt

It's always best to start simple and and then go complex.
I've built five M4 micro quads with 8.5 mm Hubsan motors and they all flew quite well with standard Ladybird parameter file.
The quads have their props on the bottom of the motors and the battery on top.

I did update some of them to a parameter file with the proper thrust numbers and frame setup parameters and did see a little better performance.

Use Quatos FW and get the proper motor connections, and board rotation and you will be able to fly.

You can use my file but you would need to turn the M4 so the green LED at the rear and the red LED at the front. My board is flipped so the GPS receiver up. The motor order is normal, Front Left motor is connected to motor port 1 and Front Right to motor port 2 and the Rear Right motor port 3.

Good luck
Larry
Attachments
51-1-3 Ladybird PARAMS.txt
(14.83 KiB) Downloaded 615 times
LPR

Postby kinderkram » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:17 pm

Matt, have you read the warning here: http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/m4-microc ... parameters
Please check the params bf firing up the motors again.
kinderkram

Postby Mattpgreen » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:33 pm

Thanks all - yes the prob was lack of parameter set-up.

Larry - I've reconfigured the unit as you advised and I've installed your parameters.

BUT - I can't get it to arm - I have ensured the correct Lic # and there are your MOT values.

I do have the DX6i config'd differently to your TX and these have been adjusted and appear OK in GCS.

I have GCS showing Flight Mode Manual and Home Action Normal.

I'm trying down-left throttle stick action to arm but no result .... Can someone please advise on this ... Thanks again, Matt
Mattpgreen

Postby kinderkram » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:49 pm

Down right min. 3 secs = Arm
Down left min. 3 secs = Disarm
kinderkram

Postby Mattpgreen » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:16 pm

Oh...unfortunately down right 3 sec isn't arming it....can you please advise any other matters to check
Mattpgreen

Postby kinderkram » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:23 pm

Please post your parameters list. Attach them as txt or copy&paste using the "Code" tag in the editor.
Delete the parameters you don´t want to show.
kinderkram

Postby Mattpgreen » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:27 pm

Thanks ... atm I'm not sharp enough to know what I should be hiding :? ... so here's the lot - thanks, Matt

PARAMS-150204-v1board.txt
(14.83 KiB) Downloaded 591 times
Mattpgreen

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller