[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - First Steps with Quatos on Ladybird-M4 ?

First Steps with Quatos on Ladybird-M4 ?

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

First Steps with Quatos on Ladybird-M4 ?

Postby Crizz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:37 am

Hey guys,

today i made some thoughts about first steps with Quatos on my Ladybird-M4. But guess i have a problem : how to "arm" the functions , have ne free ch. left on my system, using a Spektrum DX6 i asigned ch5 and 6 for GPS/RTH and Flightmode. Does it make sense to disable GPS-features (control) to use the ch. for Quatos-activation ? Unfortunenately, i havent found much at the help functions actually, guess there will be some more questions left, but first its about getting started. Maybe i just havent seen existing informations, so if anybody can help how to start best, i would appreciate your help alot :)
Crizz

Re: First Steps with Quatos on Ladybird-M4 ?

Postby kinderkram » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:56 am

You can´t switch Quatos on/off - it´s a completely different control algorythm than PID.

You´ll need an appropriate firmware for either, that´s why the firmware wizard offers both:
http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/ ... ad-wizard/

To get it started, download and flash the firmware for Quatos, load the config file from here and check board orientation and radio selection afterwards:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/building- ... dybird-v2/
kinderkram

Postby Crizz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:30 am

I´m a little confused. When i connect my M4 to QGC 1.61, i see 4 Ch.-Assignments für Quatos-Functions. Are they only to switch tuning-params ? How do i know if my M4 uses Quatos or PID ? Both param-sets are filled with values, and as "default" the site with Quatos-params shows up when i chose the "PID & Quatos" tab. Quatos Licence is properly shown as installed, thats why i´m not sure about how to deal with it.
Crizz

Postby kinderkram » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:05 pm

Yes, the 4ch assignment is used for Quatos tuning - you can assign "knobs" to change these parameters:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/quatos-ad ... nd-PROP_K1

QGC does report the firmware version and if Quatos is used or not in the upper status bar.

I hate to see you being confused, that´s why I updated the "Getting started" section of Quatos docu just for you :D
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/quatos-ad ... -Messaging
kinderkram

Postby Crizz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:31 pm

you´re so good to me :)

Okay, figured that i have Quatos-FW . second last release of experimental (its one of the last beta, sold in nov. ). All over, it works nice - but the alt.-hold sometimes has strange behavior on indoor flights, thats why i asked for it. Guess i just try the latest beta and see if this works a bit better, maybe i have to change the Quatos-settings für prop thrust or gains a little.

thanks alot, now i have to get my x8 running in the first - still have problems with the MN3508, heck whatta work to do try&error on 8 ESC... :roll:
Crizz

Postby kinderkram » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:44 pm

Have you covered the baro with open cell foam? Make sure it covers the baro completely so no light will disturb it.
If the foam is too compressed, the baro might not be able to "breath".

And is the Throttle Scale & Deadband adjusted correctly?
2 reasons why the alt hold might not work properly...
kinderkram

Postby Crizz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:51 pm

haven´t done anything at the parameters , i´m still flying with defaults except the configuration file that helped adjusting the right Rx ( was the first probs i had ion nov., after loading that everything worked w/o further changes ).
Crizz

Postby DUKE40 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:24 pm

Did you use the Quatos file for Ladybird and calculate the Quatos Parameters?
Did you stored those values to the M4?
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Crizz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:30 pm

Calculate ? Man, i haven´t seen any calibration or calculation button yet. I even haven´t thought about Quatos or calibrations, guessed it´s needless with DIMU and onboard Brushed Controllers ?

About Baro : when flying in-door, i guess sunlight wouldn´t be a real problem to the baro. Esp. regarding to the mount of FCU with CPU Up - means Baro on bottom side. Okay, maybe a piece of foam would help, but to be honest : i hate putting glue on the board / baro. ( On my AQ6 i made a "chimney" by a piece of shrinking tube around the foam, no glue needed, but its sensor isnt such a tiny one... ).

okay, i´ll give it a try and see whether it becomes better or not :)
Crizz

Postby DUKE40 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:21 pm

Hi Crizz,

I have squeezed my foam between the M4 and the frame, no glue or anything similar.
Concerning the calculation, I mean this part of the Wiki with the Airframe Geometry and the mass distribution ()
If you have not done this, your parameters might not be suitable for the frame you are using.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller