Arming and Calibration Mode weirdness with DX7s

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Arming and Calibration Mode weirdness with DX7s

Postby Mullet » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Even with issues with one or now two of my M4s, I've decided to move forward.

I built up my LadyBird based M4 and when I got to the point of arming the M4. I couldn't get it to work. So I decided to try a few different things. Here are my findings... Moving rudder/yaw stick to lower left armed M4, not lower right like documentation says. Then when I went to try and do on-board magnetic calibration I couldn't get it to go with Yaw/Throttle - lower left and Roll/Pitch - upper left. I found going with Yaw/Throttle - lower right and Roll/Pitch - lower right got me into magnetic calibration. I couldn't figure out how to get Tare to work. Did something change or is my setup somehow completely wrong?
Mullet

Re: Arming and Calibration Mode weirdness with DX7s

Postby JussiH » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:45 pm

Yes, I think I know exactly what is wrong there.

Put the radio in Acro plane mode. Reverse Aileron, Elevator and Rudder channels. This should cure the problem.

I will add a detailed spektrum setup page to the Wiki shortly.
JussiH

Postby Mullet » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:11 am

Thanks! I'm glad there is a fairly easy solution. Is this something specific to Spektrum radios and AQ? I'll have to look into the DX7s manual on how to change these settings.
Mullet

Postby Mullet » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:37 am

I was able to "reverse" my servos on the DX7s. I'm assuming it is the same with other Spektrum radios.

Now arming works as expected. I'm assuming I have to reverse pitch as well so up is down and down is up? If I do, then all the stick commands work as expected.
Mullet

Postby JussiH » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:42 am

Yes,

Elevator = Pitch
Aileron = roll

So you need to reverse all 3 channels, and yes this is general to all Native spektrum radios.
JussiH

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller