How to unbind or reset binding?

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

How to unbind or reset binding?

Postby Mullet » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:54 am

I've successfully binded my DX7s to one of my M4s -- the "bad" one that I mentioned in another post. Anyhow, I've been messing around with settings on my DX7s and now I can't get a lock on this particular M4. I get the dim yellow and fast blinking. No solid yellow. Is there a way to reset binding? I've tried re-flashing firmware and I'm still not getting anywhere.
Mullet

Re: How to unbind or reset binding?

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:00 am

Fast flashing DEBUG LED tells you the signal quality is bad/no signal at all.

try to load the defaults and bind again. Let us know which mode you want to bind (DSM/DSMX, 10- or 11-bit) and what your radio 1 setting is in QGC.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Mullet » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:23 am

Ugggghh... it's getting late. When reflashing, lost radio type. Re-added it. Set it to permanent memory. Restarted... got brighter yellow blinking light. Re-binded. Now all is binded again. I'm using DSMX. Not sure what the difference between DSMX and DSM2 is... but will go with DSMX. Now all is fine. The next step is figuring out what channel is what. For some reason my throttle (ch1) and and flight mode (ch6) are tied together. Maybe it's time for bed ;)
Mullet

Postby Max » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:44 am

I dunno, if I go to bed with an unsolved problem, that's all I can dream about. :)

Are you using a Heli mix in your radio by any chance? It's just a plain fixed-wing profile you want to start with.

-Max
Max

Postby Mullet » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:09 am

Not in bed yet... yup figured out I shouldn't be in Heli mode. Learning the hard way. :oops:
Mullet

Postby bn999 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Quick note on this. CYRF radio bindings are stored in a special place in the MCU's firmware which is not over written during normal flash. In order to wipe it out, you need to do a whole chip erase. However, there should be no reason to do this as the system goes into binding mode 15 seconds after startup if the previously bound TX is not found. If (and only if) a new binding is made at this point, it will replace the existing, stored binding.
bn999

Postby Mullet » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:34 pm

Bill,

Thanks for the explanation of binding and where it lives and how it works.
Mullet

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller