MinumOSD

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: MinumOSD

Postby Mullet » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:36 am

Kisssys,

Thanks! So it sounds like one option would be to leave a channel open on the AQ M4 and tell the Minim to use that channel and it would work.

For your battery voltage on the OSD, are you getting this via the on-board connection(s) or through Mavlink via the ADC on the M4?

Finally, I can't get my CharSet to update. I get an error when trying to enter "CharSet upload mode". Is it necessary with your provided firmware?
Mullet

Postby Kisssys » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Mullet,

Voltages come from what the M4 is reading and transferred via Mavlink. I believe I loaded the character set that came from the main ArduCam_osd code. I had no trouble loading it if I remember.

Not too fond of the whole Arduino thing but am warming up to it with new additions like the Teensy and ESP8266.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Mullet » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:38 pm

I was able to re-flash the board to the latest MinimOSD-Extra firmware using the CT Tool (not Arduino). At that point it would allow me to upload the CharSet. When I put AQ based MinimOSD back on, it wouldn't let me upload the CharSet again. Hopefully when writing the .hex firmware it doesn't overwrite the CharSet. The only way to find out is to fire everything up. I'm not quite there yet though.

Did you use Arduino to load everything or did you use the CT Tool?
Mullet

Postby Kisssys » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:42 pm

I would of flashed with Arduino 1.0.1 and used the configuration tool I believe to flash the character set. I don't believe the hex rights over the old character set.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Mullet » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:17 pm

Ok... made it to the next step. I can see text on video.

I have video and I can transmit it to my FPV goggles. I can see the OSD and it says "No Mav Data!". I'm using one of Joerg's M4 expander boards that I've soldered a thin wire going from the TX line to the RX connection on the Micro Minim OSD. I'm using Menno's HOTT firmware.

Any thing I'm missing that should be configured, etc?
Mullet

Postby Kisssys » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:15 pm

You might try both 57.6 and 115.2 baud on the output of the M4. It looks like the attached code was compiled at 57.6k, not sure what your using.
Attachments
MinumOSD_AQ.zip
(786.71 KiB) Downloaded 974 times
M4fpvwiring.pdf
(842.04 KiB) Downloaded 1060 times
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Mullet » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:08 am

115.2 didn't work. But 57.6 did the trick! Thanks!

Sorry to be a pain, but I figure this should help someone else down the road.

Now I'm fighting with trying to get the panels to switch. Tried several channels and even "mode" switching and nothing is working. If I can't get it to work. This is the gist of what I've tried... In AQ QGC I've set the FC not to use CH5. Then in the MinimOSD config software I set it to use CH5 for panel switching. Nada. Zip. Nil. Nothing.

If I can't get this to work it's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to be able to turn off the OSD from time to time.
Mullet

Postby Kisssys » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Look at QGC and see what channels you are moving around to see what Mavlink is sending. I am able to swap to both pages.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Mullet » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:26 am

Finally got it.

The recipe was a few things. First I had to use the RC Channels Monitor widget to identify channel 5. Then it had to be enabled and in use. I used the Cam Trig. on CH5. Then finally I had to tweak settings on my Spektrum DX7s. In particular, I had to mess with the servo settings and mixing settings. I created a 3 pos switch with the mixing and used the servo settings to start the low position at 50%. Mid was at 75% and high at 99%. After this I could get Panel 1, 2 and off.

Hope this helps someone else.
Mullet

Postby Kisssys » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:27 pm

Great! Glad your up an running.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller