[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Kisssys board issue w/ uSD. M4 long boot time, high MCU

Kisssys board issue w/ uSD. M4 long boot time, high MCU

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Kisssys board issue w/ uSD. M4 long boot time, high MCU

Postby Kisssys » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:41 pm

Well, not sure what's the mounting issue. I just tried R427,432,442 and it worked perfectly each time. Last night I couldn't get 442 to mount.

You might try R432 to see if that's any different, I don't think it will be. Try a different computer if possible.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:34 pm

No issues on r442! The only thing that's annoying is that OS X complains each time you do a restart: MASS STORAGE NOT EJECTED CORRECTLY.
Did you test different uSD cards? Maybe there are multiple issues --> why not fix one at at time?
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Mullet » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:20 pm

Yes, it appears I'm having multiple issues.

Thus far, I have gotten the KISSSYS board to at least log data. With what I'm calling the "Bad" M4, it has never mounted a uSD card. I've tried two different class 10 cards. Same results. But at least it logs now.

Once I was able to get the KISSSYS to log data I plugged it into the "Good" M4 via USB power and it actually mounted the uSD. Since then I have had intermittent mounting even with the BLDC board and the "Good" M4. I'm suspecting that the KISSSYS board damaged something because before that I could get a uSD card to mount every time. If the KISSSYS is passive is this still possible somehow? I have to try on another computer (Mac and even possibly a PC) to get more testing results.

My other issue is I somehow fried the charge controller. I'm guessing in all my frustration, lack-of-sleep, and haste I must have reversed polarity with a battery when plugging it in. Is this a fairly easy fix? If so, anyone have a Mouser / Digi-Key part #?
Mullet

Postby Kisssys » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:16 am

If the board will log good data it should also be able to mount.

It's possible I guess if you had a solder bridge in the wrong spot you could damage your M4.

I think you need to send the board back for repair.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Mullet » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:00 am

Well this is my latest discovery and this might have something to do with wonky power management on the M4. I could be wrong, but this might be related to the R26 removal for getting into DFU mode with only USB.

Like I've stated before I've been able to take an M4 with no battery and then have the BLDC attached and have a uSD mounted. Now I'm finally finding that with the "Bad" M4 when I have both battery power and USB power together the uSD in my KISSSYS is mounting every time.

I still would like to either have the battery charging management repaired or do it myself. I might opt to have it repaired by viacopter if it's an option. I did some sleuthing and found that the chip that possibly needs replacing would be the MAX6344RUT, which is the 6 pin chip near the battery terminals.
Mullet

Postby JussiH » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:50 am

JussiH

Postby Mullet » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:52 am

I'll probably hold off on self repair then. I do have a hot air rework station, but have yet to even try it out. I'll eventually get there.

I was able to get this puppy into first flight this evening. I did the on-board tare and mag calibration and didn't get GPS lock being that I'm stuck indoors during Snowmaggedon. Compared to my standard LadyBird v2 I'd say both fly about the same. I did try A/P hold mode, which smoothened things out. I bet it's even better with GPS lock. When in this mode, it did seem like the M4 randomly went rogue at least once or twice. I'll have to monitor this.

All this being said... I want to thank everyone for being so helpful. I can't wait to perfect everything with this 'lil ladybird and then move on to bigger and better things with the AQ. I'll still most likely want the charge circuit fixed though.
Mullet

Previous

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller