[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Can't flash FW on M4

Can't flash FW on M4

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Can't flash FW on M4

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:53 am

The M4r6 (=V2 production board) has a dedicated input (ADC, located under arm 3, refer to wiki/M4 BLDC thread for details) for sensing (!) the flight battery voltage. This is NOT RELATED how you supply power to the board. That's what you see in the picture!
JP1 must be open when using the expansion board with M4r6 FC!
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Altix » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:02 am

Thanks a lot for your help, Jörg. I have to admit, that I am a complete noob in electronics. With the help of a fool proof manual, I can asseble things, but please, don't ask me why I'm doing what :D That is why it is sometimes hard for me to keep an overview on informations spread over forum threads and wikis. My fault, I know, I am more the old fashioned printed manual typ ;)

It seems, I misunderstood the concept behind the latest M4 completly. I didn't take the ADC as mandatory, but as an option. Regarding my other AQ boards I have in mind, that the GCS is showing stable voltages, the board is fired with. In case of the AQ6 this is the actual LiPo voltage, as this is the case with the beta M4 and the ladybirds 1S LiPo.

So when powering the M4v2 by your expansion board or USB, I again expected stable voltages, either those from the expansion board or from the USB port, but that is not the case. That the values are not the LiPo voltages was clear to me, but again, I expected stable values. Right now sitting in the office I'm not 100% convinced, but even when powering the M4 without the expansion board I belive I had the pumping voltages shown in the GCS. I will check thinks in the evening, when I'm back home.
Regards, Michael
Altix

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:33 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby fseider » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:54 pm

Hi, I have the same problem as Mullet with my MacBook. With the DFU Utility Flashing works, with QGC not...
fseider

Postby Max » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:05 pm

A detailed description of the problem and/or the actual message(s) received would be most helpful. Does it say anything in the flashing output window? It should work if you can run dfu-util at CLI from any directory, which is all QGC does for you. You can copy the command line from QGC flashing output window to a console.

If it's simply a matter of not finding the utility, you can try putting a copy of the dfu-util executable you downloaded into the qgroundcontrol_aq.app package (next to the qgroundcontrol_aq executable).

-Max
Max

Postby Mullet » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:43 am

This is what I get when I try to flash the firmware via QGC... Yosemite 10.10.2

AQ_FirmwareFail.png
AQ_FirmwareFail.png (19.76 KiB) Viewed 12065 times
Mullet

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:18 pm

Attachments
dfu-util.jpg
dfu-util.jpg (128.03 KiB) Viewed 12043 times
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Mullet » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:24 pm

Yup. Mine is installed correctly as well. Not a big deal. Just should be noted.
Mullet

Postby Altix » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:35 pm

Just to come back to the voltage pumping, I reported about a few posts earlier. I was almost going mad on this, because even after everything was set as Jörg told me to do, I did not get any stable voltages. Values varied continously between 1 and 3.3V. What I haven't mentioned before is, that I have one of the new Flyduino PDBs for KISS ESCs with the ceramic capacitors soldered on the bottom side installed. Either I did something wrong with them (most probably the case) or they do not work poperly the the rest of the setup, but after I removed them completly, I finally got may stable (and correct) voltages :) Now I only have the throttle problem with my Taranis left, but I will get one solved sooner or later as well ;)
Regards, Michael
Altix

Previous

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller