[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Can't flash FW on M4

Can't flash FW on M4

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Can't flash FW on M4

Postby Altix » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:53 pm

On my workbench, I have my new Mini-H quad with a brand new M4 latest production batch mounted on Jörg's Get em... expansion board. When I connect the M4-board being powered through the expansion board and a regulated power supply (13,1V, 500mA), everything works fine. I can connect the board, read and write parameters and so forth. The only strange thing is, that the voltage shown in the groundcontrol continiously changes between 1.1V and 3.3V.

When I start the same setup with the M4 in bootloader mode in order to flash the correct FW, my PC sends me an error message, that the latest USB device isn't correctly recognized.

Any idea, why the M4 can't be connected in bootloader mode?

EDIT: Is it possible, that at least at this point, flashing the FW has to be done without the Get em... board? I also have one of the beta boards on my ladybird. That one can be started even in bootloader mode and is recognized by the PC without problems (STM Device in DFU Mode in the device manager).
Regards, Michael
Altix

Re: Can't flash FW on M4

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi Michael,

which OS do you use and have you followed the steps using the Zadig tool?
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/m4-microc ... are-Update

As for the voltage reporting, it looks like the USB input is measured which leads to jumping values and a "Critical Condition" greeting at startup. Joerg might help here...
kinderkram

Postby Altix » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:14 pm

Hi Norbert,

PC is on Windows 8.1. When using the Zadig tool it says: Unbekanntes USB Gerät (Fehler bei der Anforderung einer Gerätebeschreibung). No chance to install the STM Bootloader
Regards, Michael
Altix

Postby JussiH » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:24 pm

Some boards have been shown to have problems with entering bootloader mode under a USB supply only.

Problem and fix is described in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4218
JussiH

Postby Mullet » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:33 pm

I'm using a Mac and I've had recent oddities when trying to flash firmware. First, with only usb power -- no lipo -- I find I have to try a bunch of times to get the M4 in DFU mode. I believe this is what Jussi is referring to. I might try 5-10 times, but I eventually get it to work. I'd either remove R26 or keep on trying with just the M4 board. The other oddity is when I'm connected in DFU mode, I can only flash via command line i.e. dfu-util (on Mac). Flashing doesn't work from qgroundcontrol. I get an error when I try. It's not a big deal because I can eventually get it to work.
Mullet

Postby Altix » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Regards, Michael
Altix

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:10 pm

kinderkram

Postby Altix » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:27 am

Done :P It seems, I messed up Windows, when I tried to get the bootloader problem solved. I went back to a prior system waypoint in windows a couple of days ago and now, everything is fine. Next task will be to solve the voltage pumping. I have an idea what the reason for that is, I will test it later after work.
Regards, Michael
Altix

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:01 am

Attachments
SANY0083.jpg
firmwarewiz.jpg
firmwarewiz.jpg (104.07 KiB) Viewed 11575 times
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Altix » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:38 am

Regards, Michael