[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Kisssys board power question...

Kisssys board power question...

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Kisssys board power question...

Postby Mullet » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:47 am

I've just finished my Kissssys expansion board. I plugged it into my M4 and powered the M4 up via USB. What voltage reading should I be getting from O to G? I would think 3v3. Between I and G I'm getting 4.95v. Does this sound right? Also is DGND tied to the uSD receptical? When testing for shorts and continuity, I'm getting continuity between one of the pins, I think DGND, and the receptical. What is the best way to test whether the board is working correctly?
Mullet

Re: Kisssys board power question...

Postby spacedog » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:25 am

spacedog

Postby Mullet » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:58 am

At the time of my OP I hadn't soldered in that wire. I thought that I wouldn't need it soldered yet to at least see 3v3 between O and G. Now that I've soldered in the wire, I'm getting the right voltage. Thanks for the tip!
Mullet

Postby JussiH » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:51 pm

GND and DGND is electrically connected on the M4 board. So you should be getting continuity between them when the Kisssys board is Connected to M4.

The input pin (I) is supplied from Vcom+, which is the M4´s main supply - its voltage depends on how the board is powered and whether or not there is a battery connected.

If powered from the USB (Vusb), you will measure around 4.8V to 4.9V between I and G - this is the 5V supply from USB, minus some drop for the current you are pulling.

If powered from a 1S battery only (Vbat), the voltage will be the battery voltage -between 3.3 and 4.2V depending on the batterys charge state and current pulled.

If both Battery and USB is connected, the voltage should go to around 4.25V to indicate that the battery is charging.
JussiH

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller