[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 Flip and rotate & motor wiring...

M4 Flip and rotate & motor wiring...

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: M4 Flip and rotate & motor wiring...

Postby LPR » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:15 am

Hard to tell whats wrong.

When I have this problem I unplug all except one of the motors. Then I start the one and tip the quad to see if it speeds up when I tip it downward.

Before you test you should do a tare to make sure it knows level.

If the motor goes faster when you tip the motor downward you have that motor plugged in correctly. Check all the motors one at a time.

As you test by tilting you can also test with the joy stick.

Larry
LPR

Postby JussiH » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:48 pm

I have just updated the reference build page. Let me know if there other stuff that is unclear now.
JussiH

Postby OlliW » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:06 pm

GREAT improvement to the wiki, really much better and very helpful. :)

However, even at the risk of getting the party pooper I repeat and continue to bother with the statement "If using original LadyBird motors you will have to reverse the polarity of the motor connector." Because:
1) I'm using original LadyBird parts and I did NOT have to reverse the motor connectors.
2) It doesn't make any sense from basic electrics thinking
(I might have said this before LOL)

If I would not have checked the rotation independently beforehand and would have done as recommended in the wiki then I would have gotten a flipping ladybird.

At minimum one should write "... you may have to reverse ...". But as said, I strongly doubt from basics that the statement has any truth at all.

:)

BTW: I just now notice that in the sentence "original LadyBird motors" should be changed anyhow to "original LadyBird motor arms", because that's what is suggested as item in the beginning and because the motors do not have the motor connectors one is talking here about.
OlliW

Postby Kisssys » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:53 pm

Ollliw

You are correct, if the connectors are soldered on as shown it is a direct fit for a Ladybird.

Cheers
Steve

20150115_114847[1].jpg
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby OlliW » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:19 am

LOL ... I know I'm correct ... it just doesn't seem easy to get the info across, was at least my 3rd try hihi
good to see you noticed
thx

BTW: on the M4v2 the connectors can only be soldered that way (if they go to the side of the J2 connector), so - at least for the M4v2 - it's kind of fool proof
OlliW

Postby LinuxDoc » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:38 am

LinuxDoc

Postby Kisssys » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:55 pm

Olliw

Yes we are slow at times. That needs to be changed AND

LinuxDox

Those numbers are incorrect and not even close and would not work at all. Use these for Hubsan props

A1 2.1191
A2 0.3474

The Ladybird props work fine for me.

A1 2.0623
A2 0.4601

Unless you use a different motor, these numbers don't change and should not be tweaked.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby chschmid » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:06 pm

chschmid

Postby Mattpgreen » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:18 am

Mattpgreen

Postby LinuxDoc » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:10 am

Hmm I'm using the Chaoli 0820-17 black, no Problems here, but i have to change the Motor wires and I Changed the Motor Ports 2 and 4 due to short cable (impossible to plug Motor 4 in Port 4, than i changed 2 and 4 in the Mixer and plug motor 4 in port 2 and motor 2 in port 4).

The Carbon Frame and motor mounts have 7-8g together :-)
TTL 38g without battery.
Attachments
IMG_8698.JPG
Autoquad M4 - Carbon Frame - Chaoli 0820-17
LinuxDoc

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller