[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 Flip and rotate & motor wiring...

M4 Flip and rotate & motor wiring...

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: M4 Flip and rotate & motor wiring...

Postby LinuxDoc » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:54 pm

Yes the motor mounts protect the cables at bottom.

At Micromotor-warehouse there are a factory lifetime rating of 5-6 hours, for the CL 0820 Motors ...
Have the 0720 Motors the same short lifetime?

I think we need Brushless Motors :D
LinuxDoc

Postby kinderkram » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:40 pm

Yah, seen that. Maybe it´s the price for the "insane speed" and the 40gr thrust. :)
kinderkram

Postby MJ666 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:53 pm

The motor mounts have an gap for the motor wires. If mounted properly motors are well protected including the wires. Please see the fourth picture in the forum post to get an idea:

http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic ... 893#p51480

Yes with the 8.5 motors it will be fast like a rocket. An very similar build was measured with more than 50hkm by radar:

And for sure they are nearly unbreakable if you not smash them on concrete. More details here in this post:

http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic ... 893#p55433

Even since this time I haven't broken anything except propellers. Likely my flying skill may also have improved but I still crash since they are so fast and small. Sometimes I lose orientation. ;)
Last edited by MJ666 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJ666

Postby MJ666 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:01 pm

I'm quite happy with the motor live now. The construction is protecting them well and if the propellers are properly mounted the last until the end of there natural lifetime. I fly 2 Quads with CL-0820-17 motors all summer and motors are still good. For the others with CL-0820-15 motors I need to replace a motor from time to time. I broke some motors at the very beginning for in proper propeller mounting. Many of them also have a lot of flight time my personal feeling is most of the will last longer as specified.
MJ666

Postby MJ666 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:42 pm

MJ666

Postby Mattpgreen » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:09 pm

Mattpgreen

Postby LinuxDoc » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:34 pm

Sorry for the delay, iI was very ill the last days, now I'm back :-)
I use the Ladybird V2 Settings, only changed unter "PID & Quatos Tuning" the "Thrust Rate" to "-20"

Mattpgreen, please make a picture of you quadro, I think it is not a setting problem.
LinuxDoc

Postby Mattpgreen » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:30 am

Hi LinuxDoc
sorry to hear you weren't well and glad to see you now back ...

after much noob vibration and little moving forward ... with the help of several and especially Larry aka LPR ... I'm finally park flying and learning pos hold and missions ...
What could go wrong has gone wrong and now is time to put in place learnings and procedures to guide smooth way forward.
I'm flying a V1 board atm ... solder issue with V2 board needs time to clean and rebuild.
Summary ... as guided by Larry... is 1. start simple and 2. pay attention to the details ... in the M4 world this means EVERY parameter ... the final gotcha was it wouldn't arm when heading-free not turned off (even though it was on a channel that wasn't active) ...
Thanks for following up LinuxDoc - regards, Matt
Mattpgreen

Previous

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller