[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4v2 Build Questions

M4v2 Build Questions

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: M4v2 Build Questions

Postby JussiH » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:07 pm

JussiH

Postby Mattpgreen » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi Jussi - thanks - the problem was no values entered for MOTVALUES!!!
I'll go and review the wiki next chance I get.
I'm using Chaoli 0820-15's. I saw the reference by Steve to values for these but I can't yet open the .zip.txt attachment.
Also, I can start with Hubsan props but I'm looking to swap to Parrot props asap...subject to Steve's (others) tests actually showing there is benefit!!)...I've been flying MicroMotorWarehouse supplied 0820-15's with Parrot props on a dreamcatcher frame with Alien FC and TurnigyNanoTech 750mA batteries and have a very zippy manual flying time...but very short flying times!
Your ...and all guys ... guidance on this is very appreciated...best regards, Matt
Mattpgreen

Postby Kisssys » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:20 am

Remove the *.txt" from the end of the file and it should open fine.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Mattpgreen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:12 am

Hi all...could someone please guide me to discussion/published data on the max Amp loading for the M4?
Questions include... What is the max say 20sec Amp load that can be applied for each part of the system? Can the system handle greater than say 3 Amps per motor? If two motors were being driven from a single driver, what are the working and burst current loads possible for the two motors?
Thanks
Mattpgreen

Postby Kisssys » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:41 pm

The basic spec's say 5.9 amps per driver. I have driven 2 Chaoli 7mm motors with no issues.

Data sheet attached.
Attachments
PMV31XN-354271.pdf
(320.92 KiB) Downloaded 716 times
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Mattpgreen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:28 pm

Mattpgreen

Postby Kisssys » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:52 am

Matt,

As you see by looking at the layout their is little distance from the fet pulling the low side of the motor to ground so you can pull the full 6 amps easy enough. I don't know what the board would take but when you go past 6 amps your on your own. Maybe Bill has some number in his head. The connectors if used are not rated for that much current, if your worried about it just solder to the pads.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby kinderkram » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:18 am

Matt,
the M4 wasn´t designed with the actual brushed li´l monsters in mind.
You can easily drive a Quad with these motors but I would not go beyond the specs.
kinderkram

Postby Mattpgreen » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:02 am

gents - thanks for the guidance ... I'll fiddle and hopefully not burn (the board and all associated stuff!)

below and attached are the test pics and rough 1st results from blasting a Chaoli 0820-15 and a 0820-17 ... with lots of V and A and with different props ... irrespective of the actual numbers achieved...the relationship is interesting... it confirms what Benedikt of MMW has been saying ... ie the 15's with the Parrot props have the greatest "thrust" for relative heavy lifting tasks...I have an 80g rig flying a Mobius quite reasonably with the 0820-15's, the Parrot props and a 750mAh nano-tech .... this is what I'm trying to get an M4 flying with ... today's probs include the M4 rig wanting to go somewhere apart from straight up when throttled on in manual mode...

MGPropTests-150131.xlsx
(9.87 KiB) Downloaded 621 times

proptestrig.jpg

propstested.jpg
Mattpgreen

Postby LPR » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Matt

Your making an interesting quad.
When you mention using a Hobbyking 750 Nano lipo you should also mention that the wires are reversed and you will destroy you M4 if you do not change the polarity on the plug.

Larry
LPR

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller