[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4v2 Build Questions

M4v2 Build Questions

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

M4v2 Build Questions

Postby Mattpgreen » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:14 am

Today's very noob question...
I'm starting to build an M4v2 Ladybird(ish) with Quatos equivalent.
The site shows a photo of the rear of the picoconnectors solder crossing over the +ive and -ve ; also appearing to touch adjacent device (WMA47) see below ... I don't have any experience with such matters - can I just blob solder across both the +ve and -ve pads like the photo indicates ... that will sure be easier to do than keep the very fine gap open...
Picoblades-Pic of rear.jpg
Picoblades-Pic of rear.jpg (11.18 KiB) Viewed 13378 times
Mattpgreen

Re: M4v2 Build Questions

Postby kinderkram » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:20 am

Umm, not quite sure what you mean.
+ and - need to be separated of course! The only blob across 2 pads is the + of Vin and + of the motor nr. 4

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/m4-microc ... onitoring/
kinderkram

Postby stefannn » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:38 am

Use a voltmeter to check after you are done with soldering.

Have fun with the M4,
Stefan
stefannn

Postby Mattpgreen » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:43 am

Attachments
Picoblades-Actual Pic of rear.jpg
Mattpgreen

Postby Mattpgreen » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:45 am

Please advise - Can't get props spinning
Hi all - I think I've set everything up to try flying ... but there's the little matter that the motors aren't spinning up on applied throttle in what I think is manual mode.
Can you please check the screen shot below and advise anything stupid/missing etc ?
Thanks, Matt

PS - all other matters seem to be working ok - all lights responding as expected / IMU & GPS reporting to pc and android GCS's ok

GC4AQ-150110.jpg
GC4AQ-Screenshot-Jan 10
Mattpgreen

Postby kinderkram » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:12 am

In the screeny your Flight mode is set to RTH . Aq will not arm then.

Other than that: have you stored your Quatos license?
In QGC "Misc Settings"
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/quatos-ad ... icense-Key
kinderkram

Postby Max » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:19 am

Somehow it did arm though. And why is in Critical mode? :?

The screenshot could use less gauges and more settings and comm. messages :)

-Max
Max

Postby Mattpgreen » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:32 am

Hi all
here's another "screeny" - today's new word for me ...
I fiddled with the DX6i and now have home set to normal and also note that the Quatos Lic No. is there - that was already there when I 1st lit up the unit - do I need to do more re that?
...yes Max this screeny has less gauge realestate allocation :D
... yes as Max points out both the Green light is solid on and the screen shows ARMED in yellow

Please Help - I'm still not getting the motors spinning when the throttle is applied??? :cry:
Attachments
screenshot2-150110.jpg
Mattpgreen

Postby LPR » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:49 am

MATT

The number one reason that anyone can arm the M4 while using Quatos FW and not have the motors turn is "your licenes number is not correct". Look at the ziplock bag the M4 came in and check the number.

Have you gone to the Ladybird reference guide and have you loaded and saved a calibration file?

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/building- ... th-quatos/

Larry
LPR

Postby Mattpgreen » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:43 am

Hi Larry
Thanks for the guidance...
Yes ... The Lic number shown in the screenshot is the same as that which came with the board
And yes I loaded the config from the Ladybird ref build ... And have modded from that

Can you please advise any other gotcha's ... Thanks again, Matt
Mattpgreen

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller