[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Using Gamepad with Autoquad M4???

Using Gamepad with Autoquad M4???

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Using Gamepad with Autoquad M4???

Postby OlliW » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:15 pm

OlliW

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:23 pm

I remembered that I had a nanoquad where the sticks were push buttons also.
And going through the binding process brought it back to my mind that these can be pushed, too.
Anything else was trial&error.

I couldn´t resist and dismanteled the transmitter just to find out that the gimbals were surface mounted on the board. :roll:
kinderkram

Postby OlliW » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:46 pm

they are through-hole mounted, not smd (quite useless, smartass-ish comment, I know :mrgreen:)
OlliW

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:31 pm

Well ... correct me if I´m wrong. Your smartness might save my ass now&then. ;)

Didn´t have time to try RTH. But I found out, that pushing the right stick limits the throw of yaw, pitch & roll to 400-500ish.
So at least it´ll give you some kind of "beginner´s mode" , e.g. if you wanna let a family member try. :)
kinderkram

Postby OlliW » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:22 am

OlliW

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:26 am

A pity ... I was hoping we could at least use the left stick for waypoint recording and the right stick for wp flights.

Therfor we´d need to be able to reverse channel 5 on the transmitter - or ch6 in QGC.

Max, are you with me? :ugeek:
If my highly speculative theory works we´d be able to use either RTH with the existing setup (bah!) or WP recording & flying with a special firmware. The latter solution also provides a RTH. Store a single waypoint near you, fly around and start the mission to make it return to that point. Storing a single point anywhere else and immediately start the mission will turn into position hold. Using dual rate on the sticks doesn´t affect the autonomous functions

All with a 20bux transmitter without the need for wireless telemetry - with limited range of course.
But who cares - everyone knows I´m a cheapo. :lol:

Seriously: in combination with a BnF M4 this could make an easy entry into our li´l world.
kinderkram

Postby Max » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Wasn't there a link earlier about how to reverse a channel on that Tx? Or does that only work for the stick channels?

I could build you a fw with channel(s) reversed... or reversible, for trying out your wild speculations. ;) Just ch. 6? Which hw version?

-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:31 pm

EDIT: Oops - it´s channel 5, not 6 that needs to be reversed - sorry. And yes: you can only reverse the ch1-4, not 5&6

I had my 15 mins of ... shame today. Took the M4 for a test on RTH.
Both QGC and the Android app report "home position set" when I arm - but when triggering RTH notten happened. :(

hp-set.gif
hp-set.gif (2.75 KiB) Viewed 22677 times

I guess it has smt to do with the "set home" always on. Didn´t control it in QGC´s wp list though (only had the Android at the field).This is how I have it now:

rth.gif
rth.gif (28.81 KiB) Viewed 22677 times

For WP recording and playback I need the flight mode channel reversed. As you can see the mission is triggered from the start so I can´t arm.

blade-radion-option2.gif
blade-radion-option2.gif (28.39 KiB) Viewed 22677 times

The last WPLR version I had was r416 by Angel. I guess it´s also in Menno´s r429 - he has the HoTT feature enabled/disabled via parameter. Menno has also posted the source:
http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?category=1

Thx for the offer, Max! Highly appriciated. But no sweat - if it doesn´t work we can at least use it with the 4 channels for fun. And for just flying around indoors or at short range it´s a sufficient and cheap solution.
On another thought: can we change extend the min/max values for the channels so even with +680 it will sit in the middle? E.g. set "fight mode" or "home action" instead of -350/0/+350 we have -680/+680/+1360 to trigger PH?

Hope I´m clear enough...
kinderkram

Postby kinderkram » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:18 pm

New Wiki page for the Blade transmitter:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/m4-microc ... ght-blade/

If I only had fw to play with WP recording and missions. :cry:
kinderkram

Postby lr-viruz » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:53 pm

lr-viruz

PreviousNext